Is there a difference in the cables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a difference in the cables?

I am looking for some cables for my guitar. I don't have any of my own now and want to know is there a difference in the sound for the mone in the monster cables. I have found the monster sp 1000 and the monster rock p 500. Is it worth the price difference for the sound on the sp1000? Or is there some other cables that I should consider.

Re: Is there a difference in the cables?

Well, depending on your rig, you may or may not notice the difference in those cables.

If you have a regular mid range amp I wouldn't bother with any monster stuff. The low priced monster is about the same as any good quality cable like say spectraflex, which is cheaper I believe. And spectraflex, isn't really all that much better than a good Belden made cable or whatnot.

IF, you are running a ton of gain and conditions are bad, then you "might" appreciate the SP1000. As they are quiter assuredly. whether they are 100 dollars quieter, well... Your choice there, haha...

But, I do all that and am still debating the outlay of 125 for a cable... Sadly, I think at this point, I would appreciate the SP1000. There is a noticeable improvement under certain conditions with it. But, MOST people do not need it or care to spend all that.

Until I went to the CAE preamp, I never really noticed the difference myself. Now I can really hear the difference in pickups and the affect that pedals have just being in the chain etc. So now, I might appreciate tat cable a bit.

Hope that helped more than confused.

All said and done, a good Belden or Spectraflex is more than fine for most people.

Comment

Re: Is there a difference in the cables?

i use these teflon cables that i got from a military surplus sale. they are teflon on the outside, silver on the inside. the insulation is the thinnest yet the best i've seen. and i know they are way quieter and way cheaper than any monster cable at any price. the only down side is that you have to solder your own plugs.
      so if you are handy, go get yourself some electronics catalogs and look for this stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X