No announcement yet.

MIDI control of a Mesa/Boogie Road King through its External Switching jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI control of a Mesa/Boogie Road King through its External Switching jacks

I was wonder how this could be done. I have never seen any devices for controlling amps through these External Switching jacks, but they seam to be on almost ever Mesa/boogie amp. I am hoping to hook up my entire rig through a Ground Control Pro and a GCX Guitar Audio Switcher both from Digital Music Corp. because it will be a lot easier to use live.

Nek

Re: MIDI control of a Mesa/Boogie Road King through its External Switching jacks

You should be able to switch with the GCX switcher, but it will prolly kill three loops doing so.

Axess makes a unit that will what you want. I use it to switch my CAE3+se It's $160 US. And you could use it till you get the GCX stuff.

http://www.axess-electronics.com/products.htm#CFX4

Comment

Re: MIDI control of a Mesa/Boogie Road King through its External Switching jacks

Thanks Cleveland Metal... that looks like just what I need. I just need to get 2.
      Thanks again! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Nek

Comment

Two? wow... that thing has 4 switches on it... How many you need for that MESA?

Comment

Cleve -

At least six, from what I remember. There's enough jacks on that thing to make you feel like one of the old-style telephone operators. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Matt Crooks uses a GCX to switch his Road King, but he didn't have everything set up as of the last show. It works fine, though - when his Ground Control works right. (Of course, there's something rattling around inside it, so that may have something to do with it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

I do need to send my CFX4 back and get it modded so it will do everything on my TripleRec through the DIN connector. That'll be cool... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike
          Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Yes the GCX does work well. My Ground Control has seen 4+ years of abuse and needs to get repaired, but the GCX works perfectly with the Road King.
            ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

sweet... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Thanks guys! I think I finally found the right amp and rig setup.

Nek

Comment

Working...
              X