Any ProTools users around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ProTools users around?

I've had this thing for a couple of weeks now, it's awesome, but when I use it in conjunction with the Focusrite OctoPre, I get wacked I/O settings and they're never the same. It's weird...

Also, looking for some Plugins for this as well, if any of you have any recomendations on some decent, usable plugs shoot me an email pls.

Thanx as always!
    Pat

Re: Any ProTools users around?

I agree bro, I'm using that with a Focusrite OctoPre for more mic pre's. Seems to be very cool! And clean as well...

Let me know how it goes and we'll see if we can't get a decent array of plugs between us as well. They're all so fuggin expensive tho, it's unreal! Check out Bomb Factory and Waves

Pat

Comment

Just FYI: for version 6.0 of PT all Plug-ins will have to be authorized on a USB key, so you won't be able to share authorizations with anyone...
      ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Matt,

I was just reading that as well.

Thanx!

I'm actually quite against piracy, but in "some" cases, I'd like to know what I'm buying before actually spending a few grand... I know that some companies have some demo stuff, but it's real hard to tell what's what when certain features are disabled and what have you...

For the record only...

Pat

Comment

Umm, yep, I agree, uh huh... yep certainly... Of course... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah i have version 5.3.1... its actually a bootlegged version but i'll end up buying the original sometime in the future. Its better I figure out how to use it first... heh.

Comment

hey pat i've been messing around with pro tools for a couple of weeks now too... i don't have any cool plug-ins yet, but once I get going with this thing i'll let you know.. Definetely a cool program, somewhat complicated lol, but its got everything...

Comment

With version 6.0 I would imagine all of the new demos will be fully functional but you will not be able to save the plugs in to your session.

I have some demo plugins that are fully funtional for 10 minutes, and then they disable. You can't save the plugin into a session, and you can't write automation into the plugin. However you can hear completely what the plugin can do.

BTW, I don't use PT right now, although I'lll be buying a HD3 rig in the next few months.
                ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

i've had a digi001 for about 2 years now. I have everything anyone needs. xp requires you to update the older plugins which sux, i'm still trying to find bombfactory 3.0.

dongles have been cracked for years, give a group about 2 seconds and they will crack the usb dongle.

piracy is always going to happen, but legit studios that can afford some of the terribly overpriced plugins do buy them. the average joe cannot pay over grand for a few plugins. they make the recording hardware cheap enough now for most people to get a really good sound, but then rake you on the plugins? uggh...

Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X