Identifying a Mesa mkIIc+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying a Mesa mkIIc+

Hi. I was bidding on an amp listed as a Mesa MarkIIC+ on ebay. When I checked the sellers records I found out that he had bought the same amp ~ 3 months ago from ebay too. But, then it was listed as a MarkIIC, without the "+". By looking at the pictures from the different auctions I can see that it is the same amp. Now, are there any mesa experts out there that could help me to determine if this really is a C+ or just a C?

Link to the mkIIC auction

Link to the mkIIC+ auction

//Anders

Re: Identifying a Mesa mkIIc+

From what I understand mesa just wrote a + on the back of the head in black magic marker.If I were you the best way to tell if its a + or not is to call mesa with the serial number.Hope this helps.Later paul.

Comment

Yes, in the pictures it says "MB" below and "+" above the powercord. But, according to a site called "Boogie Files" it should say "Pull Deep" above the master1 knob, and not "Gain Boost" like the on in the auction. The pictures doesnt give a clear shoot of the serialnumber but to me it looks like "14164" which, according to the boogie files page, makes it a IIC+. Gaah, I´m getting crazy about this [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

//Anders

Comment

I think many IIc's were modded by Mike Benadelli (probably spelled his last name wrong) to 'plus' status at the factory. If this happened, then I doubt they replaced the control panels too. I'd just call the factory and check with them.

Pete

Comment

There should also be a purple magic marker stripe above the AC cord on the chassis.

Comment

Working...
          X