problem connecting cables....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem connecting cables....

I just got myself a BOSS DE-200 rackmount delay which sounds pretty good and I got it cheap off of ebay. However I have a dilema, it takes a single input, but has 2 outputs, one for the direct signal and one for the delayed signal. I want to hear both. Do I need to get a Y cable? or is there something I'm missing. How can I get it to work so that I hear the delayed signal and the original signal?

Gareth [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: problem connecting cables....

It has two outputs so you can run out stereo. If you aren't running out stereo, use the delay output. There should be a mix function somewhere so that you can control how much dry vs. delay signal you have.

Ross

Comment

Ahh sweet, thanks man. I missed the direct/delayed mixer knobs in my first playing aorund with it, the direct knob was turned to zero, no wonder I couldn't hear it when playing thru the normal output. Stupid me. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Wow, That is the first rackmount digital delay that I ever bought, and I actually still have it.
        Seems to me that I paid an amazingly high price, like $400 dollars or something... I can't quite remember... That thing has to be at least 23 or 24 years old.

And yes, it does have a warm sound to it for an early digital delay. I sometimes still run vocals through it in my PA...

Comment

yea I've been playing with it a bit now, it's got some nice warm sounds in it, and some strange ones as well. Can do a lot more than my PSK delay pedal which sucks big time. Pretty happy with it, got it for about $60 US, don't know if it is a good deal or not, but it seemed fair at the time.

Comment

Working...
          X