Where to learn how to build an amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to learn how to build an amp?

I already have a book awhile ago but its more about modding vintage fenders. Im going to be buying The Tube Amp Book, 4th Ed. by Aspen Pittman soon, and I was wondering how else I might get started? I've always wanted to learn.

I guess a good way to start is read as much as I can and then buy one of the tube amp kits and build one eh?

Re: Where to learn how to build an amp?

I guess a good start would be to check out the AX84 P1 project amp. Give it a try! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

AX84 P1 Project Homepage

//Anders

Comment

Read as many books as you can... the ones I have all have their own good spots, and bad ones...

Gerald Weber - guide to hip vintage guitar amps
      Gerald Weber - tube amps for the technician (or something like that)
      Aspen Pittman's Tube amp book (giant ad for GT, but some good info buried in it)
      Kevin O'Connor - the ultimate tone
      Kevin O'Connor - principles of power - power amp design
      Kevin O'Connor - Tonnes of Tone - has lots of amp projects
      Dan Torres - How to build tube amps or something like that... I can't remember the name of it, but it's a decent book, believe it or not
      Vintage Guitar has some interesting articles in it from time to time from Weber and sometimes Torres also...
      and then you can also dig online.

I'd recommend reading everything you can get your hands on until this stuff starts making sense *before* you buy an expensive pile of parts and try to build an amp.

Pete

Comment

Thanks you guys. I had that AX84 link a long time ago but I lost it.. thanks I was searching for it cause thats the one im considering as my first.

Thanks Pete you're always a source of good info.

Comment

Working...
        X