DOD Death Metal Distortion Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOD Death Metal Distortion Pedal

Hey i was wondering what you guys think of that pedal. My other guitarist just got that pedal and he called me up saying he has as much distortion as Cannibal Corpse and all he has is a marshall jcm 800 full stack. And i was wondering if theres anything wrong with it because i might get it because i have a marshall jcm 800 2210 full stack and i want more distortion.

Re: DOD Death Metal Distortion Pedal

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] If you're actually asking this question seriously, don't even think about buying that pedal, it doesn't even have a knob that controls the gain coming out of the pedal, it feeds back like hell, the distortion is as whiny and tinny as ever, overall it's trash. DOn't even touch it, lol

[ February 10, 2003, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: DumpyWumpy ]

Comment

i disagree, I own this pedal and I can get the SAME exact sound as Meshuggah with their tone from Chaosphere, and if you do get this pedal get a noise suppressor.

Comment

My cousin has one and i strongly DON'T recomend it. It does feedback really loud and the distortion doesn't sound anything like death metal to me. When my cousin got his he went on about how great it was but I never took a liking to it. Sounds like someone barfing in a microphone to me lol. IMO.

Comment

That was my very first and only distortion pedal for the longest time. Then for a few years I didnt use it and bought a Boss MT 2 pedal... well I only used that for about a week. I later plug'd into the DOD for old times sake... and it sucks. Thin, lotsa feedback and very harsh. I dont care much for the MT 2 either.. but I love the amps dist, so just take my input with a grain of salt.

Comment

You might want to try a Boss SD 1 (is that the yellow one?) OverDrive pedal... aint that the pedal Zakk Wylde used to push his 800's??

Comment

Marshall tone . Zakk uses the DS 1 distortion ...the orange one.

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

a fitty here, a hundy there, next thing you know you've spent enough that you could have had that mesa/bogner/vht you always wanted.
                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Working...
                X