ENGL screamer 50 combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENGL screamer 50 combo

Has anyone here played one of these? I'd like to know more about them. I know NEGL amps are pretty good, but does this little combo rock?

Gareth [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: ENGL screamer 50 combo

doesnt that little combo cost like 2 grand here?
    [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

For less money, you can pick up a Koch, a Groove tubes Soul-O 75, or Mesa combo. Yeah, ENGL has a great rep but you can pickup their preamps for 250-325.00.

Comment

hey Alexi yea it's something like $2500 here. I've found one secondhand [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] and it's pretty close to where I live so I might go check it out if it's worth it, havn't seen one in a shop here, but then I havn't really been looking.

To get this I'd have to sell my AVT50 combo, but I'm sure it'd be an upgrade anyway.

Theres a problem with pre-amps, I'd need to get a poweramp and a 4x12 to run it through on top of it, becomes expensive for someone about to start uni.

[ February 11, 2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Gazman ]

Comment

Yes, of course...I was presumtuous.
          The reason I mentioned a Koch was because there's a distributor here in Mn. ..Eden sound.
          An old friend of mine was a director of sales for a brief period before landing a job as the main sound tech at the Metrodome for the games.

Anyways, I can probably arrange that you could obtain one for a discounted price... but I realize it's not what you're are inquiring for... therefore, I didn't want to push it upon you.

Comment

We're in Australia Zeno, talking in Australian dollars [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Charvelguy: being in Australia means different power supply to the US so a good deal on a Koch would probably turn into a pain in the ass.

Comment

2500 dollar?????
              its 900 euros over here....which is 900 dollar i think [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Sell your AVT 50... improvement.. huuuuuu???? No way, are you outta your mind?

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] j/k [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

check it out first gazman...where do you live? there is a shop in sydney which has a mesa mark IV, second hand, for $2800, ill only name it if you promise not to buy it cause i want it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] they have a triple rectumfrier there too.
                  cheers

Comment

Hehe I'm in melbourne man, not much chance of me going up to sydney just to buy an amp I don't have the cash for. unless saturday wins me the lottery. hehe, dreaming of that 18 mil. But yea I would have to check out the amp before buying it, it's a 10 minute drive from my place, so if I line up a buyer for the AVT, then i'll be driving out to try it out, if it's still there.

Comment

hehe ahh ok, the shop is called north coast guitars, they have alot of good second hand ****. Yeah try it out, should be awesome, its an engl.. I went into venue music today, they were packed with engles, **** i wanted to drewel, but $5500 just for a head and about $2000 for a cab is way too much out of my range. Unless, like you said, i win the 18 mil. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] (but **** i'd like to have one)
                      Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X