X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZOOM 505II

I know these things suck, but ...

I'm using the 505II for the following:

1) EQ -- I use it to create some extra bottom. With my Rocktron Rampage, I get a really good distortion tone that sounds a lot like a tube amp even though I'm playing through a Peavey solid-state.

2) Noise reduction -- I set the output at 20 and use the noise reduction that comes with the unit. Absolutely no noise at high volumes -- no feedback through a solid-state amp

3) slight compressor, delay, reverb, and chorus/flanger -- I don't use this unit for too many effects. I've got one for flanger/chorus, one for straight clean, and one for delay ... each one can be used with or without distortion. I don't use the unit's distortion at all but have a separate distortion pedal.

4) chromatic tuner -- very bright display that works great

All in all, I've had good experience with this pedal. I agree that it would be useless for an all-in-one unit, but I've found that for $69 I can get one pedal that takes the place of a separate EQ, flanger, chorus, delay, hush, compressor, tuner, reverb, and any other effect I may want in the future.

How does this compare with the Digitech models? Do they have the same features -- I know they're built better. I normally don't like depending on digital units (especially all-in-ones), but this way, I can keep my distortion, wah, and any other more important effects separate while keeping effects I only use slightly in one package.

Anyone else had a similar experience?
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Re: ZOOM 505II

i use my 505, not 505II, all the time man. I can get ****ing fat tone out of it.. ill post clips when my new axe comes in.
    cheers

Comment

Re: ZOOM 505II

I think the 505II is a very good unit for headphone practicing. You know, when you really don't have the time for practicing/playing except for a few minutes here and there. It does not bother anyone and you can get some fairly decent sounds out of it.

DRH

Comment

Working...
      X