cabinets with pa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cabinets with pa?

if your playing with a p.a. system do you need a cabinet or can you just plug the head into the p.a.?

Re: cabinets with pa?

I asked a similar question to... I think it was either buzzsaw or toejam, but I asked if you could plug a head into a 1x10 amp. Reason was is because I have to play something for school, and I didn't feel like waking up at 6:30 am and hauling a 90 pound cabinent down the stairs. I was told that as long as the ohms matched, then I'd be ok. I'm guessing the same rule applies to plugging a head into a PA.

I never did try plugging the head into the little amp because I really didn't feel like risking frying my brand new Carvin Legacy head! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

NO!!! Don't plug your head into your PA system.

You can plug guitar preamps into a PA mixer with general success and I guess if your head has preamp outs you can use those too. But, NOT speaker outputs from a head.

If you were to use a heads preamp out into a pa, you'd DEFINITELY want to check your manual to make sure whether you needed a load on the speaker out of the head while it was on. Different heads work differently, some can be used as a preamp without a speaker load with the standby switch on... Most can't...

BEWARE: Thou wilst incinerate thine PA mixer inputs and possibly toastus thine guitar amp if thou uses guitar amplifier Speaker outs into thine PA Mixer!!...

[ February 10, 2003, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

Yah!!!!! Listen to Cleveland!

Comment

Working...
        X