Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to sell my Boogie... What is it worth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to sell my Boogie... What is it worth.

I have a newer 3 Channel Rectifier with new mesa 6l6's in it. I have all the paperwork and the original box and receipt and also a road case. It is in very good condition as it always sat in the road case. What is it worth???

Thanks!

Re: Looking to sell my Boogie... What is it worth.

I paid 1100 for mine used without original box. It had manual and all covers and was in mint condition.IF I were you, I would throw it on ebay. They seem to sell fast and I have seen them go a lot higher than the 1100 I paid for mine. I have seen them go almost as high as new but you never know with Fleabay. Recently they have been selling for 1300-1400 on ebunk.

What are you gonna buy? I have been thinking about selling mine but I decided what I am gonna replace it with.

Leon

[ February 15, 2003, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: LRGman ]

Comment

Actually. You would not believe it. I got a Carvin Quad X and it is KILLER! My brother got one as a backup to His Dual Rectifier Rackmount head and I heard it and it sounds killer. $ effects loops and a built in eq. Very heavy distortion.... 9 preamp 12ax7's.... I just got back from Jamming with it with my band and they could not believe it.... The other guitarist looked at me when I hit the first few chords and said, " What are you running there? It sounds awesome!" I cant believe the tone out of this thing. It has new groove tubes in it right now. I wish I could put sound cliups up. I run it with a parametric eq in the master effects loop and use the built in reverb that the unit has right now but I am going to put my reverb unit in to the effects loop now. It also has a built in Noise gate in it too.... Un believable I tell you! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

That is a great unit...I really dig the reverb on it..very nice.

Comment

hey firebird_v,
          What did you pay for your carvin quad, may i ask? Im kinda thinking about picking one up eventually after I build up my rack a bit.

Comment

Hey chris,How do they compare to the carvin x100b head?I saw one at gc for $175 a few months back.I never even gave the thing a second thought untill now.Paul

Comment

I never have heard one that I can remember but that is the one with the eq in it so it may have very similar tones.

Comment

$232 shipped. $220 off of ebay. it is the old unit without the midi. They go for more with footcontrollers but I had my brother custom make me one. The carvin forum members can be very helpful in pricing and other questions.

my brother has the midi unit one and got the controller and I think he paid around $400.

They are not made anymore so they are kind of hard to find at times.

They go anywhere between those prices depending on if it is the new or old unit and if the foot controller is included.

Mine came with fresh Groove Tubes in it. According to my brother I got a smokin deal.

If anyone lives in NJ and wants to check it out email me.

[email protected]

Comment

i had one of the X100 carvin heads, its very Marshall sounding. its got more gain than the marshall tho & does seam alittle mushy at times I had 6L6's put in mine with the EL34s it really lacked bottom end punch & got mushy much much easier. the 5 band EQ did nuthin for me. IMO if you like modded marshall like tones its a great amp

Comment

fire, since thats the mesa i am buying from you, i think its worth . .. . . 600 bucks!! (joking seriously)

I dont know, i asked around, and have been asking around if the price is good, ill let you know if it turns out it is bad, i try not to use EBAY as a judge, its a terrible market.

Comment

I can vouch that these amps (the Carvin Quads) sound killer! Chris's brother Greg is my other guitarist in my band, and he's been bringing this amp to practice with him. It's no MESA, but it definitely has the punch and rip of an amp more than double it's price!

I'm always advocating Carvin's stuff...it's killer, and is usually still very underrated!

Comment

Yes... Ken is right. It is no MESA but it is very close in tone and for me it is extremely portable so that works for a gig situation very nicely. And paired with the right poweramp and a parametric eq.... It really sounds close. I would love to keep the boogie but I have other things I need to buy and cant afford to keep it so it has to go.

Comment

Working...
                        X