single rectifier or rect o verb combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: single rectifier or rect o verb combo

To my ear (and I had a JCM900 for a bit before I bought my single recto) the single is a more toneful amp. More crunch, better clean, just a better, more versatile amp.

The 900s aren't as bad as everyone says they are - I got a decent crunch out of mine, but I do prefer the mesas.

Pete

Comment

Yup!
      You were after a lighter load to carry, right?

MOC, not all JCM900s are created equal. A friend of mine had a good one, and it sounds like Pete had one as well.
      By and large though, there are way better choices for the money. I can tell you this much as I hear it every day. If you set your JCM900 up on the other side of the room from me with with my SLO and two straight front 4x12s w/G65s, you are not gonna be a happy camper.

[ February 21, 2003, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Chuckracer ]

Comment

thanks chuck. Yeah its like a drop from 75 lbs to like 25 lbs. and less space to take up. plus looks
        cooler. Anyone know if the single sounds better than the rect o verb or are they the same? As long as it has a decent clean and good heavy metal
        distortion Im good.

Comment

I talked to my local shop guy and he said a trade would be no problem. They just got in a brand new
          single rectifier too. So tomorrow Im taking my rect o verb combo up there and trading it for it.
          Now Ill have a single rectifier and a genz benz 2x12 cab. Ill work on getting a 4x12 cab sometime.
          Was this a good idea?

Comment

Working...
          X