• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland GP16 using the Amp's Effects Loop

Well, that bites.

Thanks for the reply.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Roland GP16 using the Amp\'s Effects Loop

I have a Crate Stealth GT50. When using the Effects Loop with my GP16 (I just want to use the GP-16 for chorus, compression, delay, etc.), I get a ton of noise (hiss, not hum), and, unless I roll the input on the GP16 wayyyyy back, I overdrive the GP16 input stage. I had a similar experience with my Fender Power Chorus amp.

I am assuming that the GP16 wants to see a guitar pickup/mic level input, and the Effects Send is obviously hiltting it with a line level signal as it is post-preamp.

I do not have a manual for the GP16, so aside from the obvious "turn the input on the front of the GP16 down", what should I do? Is there a switch or jumper inside the GP16 to set it to line level as opposed to mic level, or is there a menu setting I am missing?

Thanks for the help. Maybe if no one is familiar with the GP16, there is some generally advice you can give me on this type of configuration.

- E.

[ February 15, 2003, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: AlexL ]
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Re: Roland GP16 using the Amp\'s Effects Loop

GP units were all designed to be first in a chain, and have things looped in to its own loop. They werent designed to be in a loop themselves. The odvious thing is to dump it, and get something that was made to be looped and that has the effects you need.....

Comment

Working...
      X