powerconditioners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powerconditioners

read some stuff about some of you guys using that piece of equipment...

what do you guys use it for? don't know a thing about them critters [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: powerconditioners

Where did you read what? Please give me a link if possible. I just sold two power conditioners made for computers and other voltage sensitive gear. Never thought music gear needed power conditioning... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

can't remember exactly, but I though spiderman was one of them using it in their racks... most recent I saw on Megadeth.com. Furman or something was the brand...

Comment

Go here, and look around 2/3 of the way down for a VERY long explanation of them and their usage. The heading is "To Power or Not to Power Condition"

The rest of the thread is great too... THere's lotsa great info here... Looka round.

http://pub24.ezboard.com/ftheclevela...picID=22.topic

[ February 15, 2003, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

WOW, $400+ for a power conditioner (Furman) is ridiculous! The units i sold lists for approx. $150 a piece and that's in DENMARK (like expensive). They were units from APC who also makes UPS units.
          And one better think twice running several big power amps through these power conditioners. If they can't deliver, your sound will suffer. And latency / "rise time" could also be a problem. They have to be quick and willing when a big surge is needed.
          But they are great when a clean and constant voltage is needed when brownouts or spikes from fridges or lightnings is haunting the house.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Here's one that does more than the Furman ones for a fair amount less $. It still runs ~$250 and does take up 3 rack spaces though.

http://www.tripplite.com/products/pr...1#applications

Ross

Comment

Working...
            X