question about VHT amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about VHT amps

hey im goin to buy a new amp head in the summer and ive been stuck on the 5150 block letter head but then i hear all this good stuff about the VHT pitbull 100 and i think im being steared in that direction now can anyone give me some comments on the pitbull and how much is a good price for one thanks so much

Re: question about VHT amps

anyone?? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: question about VHT amps

I didn't want to comment as I haven't owned the PitBull. But, I have played them. And I have owned several 5150s...

What kind of music are you shooting for? What are the bands you are trying to sound like, if any.

The 5150 is the sound you hear from many of the New Age of Swedish death metal bands. 5150s have Heavy distortion that is thick and chunky. Available from $400-600

The Pitbull heads will start at around a grand or so... And they are very toney in comparision to the 5150. Much more character, But, not as much insane gain or fuzz. More defined and tube sounding. They are built much better than the 5150 and out of better quality materials.

Both amps are suitable for heavy usage and abuse and many bands tour on both.

[ February 18, 2003, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

Working...
      X