Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on Line 6, TC Electronics, etc. rack echo units.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Line 6, TC Electronics, etc. rack echo units.

Still looking for a decent echo unit. Have considered Boss DD-5, which can do sound on sound, decaying echo, and also has a tap tempo switch. Analog units seem to do decaying echo better but don't seem to offer much in the way of reverb effects.

Does any body use a rack unit like the line 6 echo. What do you think of it? Also info on success of using something like a TC Electronics or Lexicon effects unit for echo/reverb applications would be appreciated.

Thanx

Re: Opinions on Line 6, TC Electronics, etc. rack echo units.

I use the tc gforce.The reverbs and echos are unreal.The best out imo.And there delays are great.I run it in stereo and nothing else compares.

Comment

I've got the TC G-Major, the little brother to the G-Force. I know several others on the board have em and love em, too. For the $$, the amount of high-quality effects you get in it, it's really hard to beat.

Comment

another vote for g-major! Excellent noise gate too.

JOHN

Comment

I third that vote for the G-major. The G-force is better but waayyy more expensive.

Comment

i wouldnt say it's better... just has total flexibility on routing effects, and some different effects. who would want to be able to route a compressor in parallel? nobody, thus the gmajor has only the stuff you will actually use. i sold mine to get a eventide eclipse, but sent the eclipse back and bought another gmajor. that says a lot.

Dave

Comment

Thanks for the info. I've been looking for a little while now and you guys kinda confirmed what I sort of suspected about the TC stuff. What about switching from one midi preset to another, i.e. I know the Lexicon Guitar unit suffers from a lag time of about 1 second. Does this also affect the G-Major/Force units. Sonically is the Major as good as the Force?

Comment

both are 24bit, and dynamic rage is 100db on both units. so sonically they should be the same.

What you are paying for in the gforce, is the ability to route the effects any way you want, and some little bells and whistles (pc card slot, intelligent pitch shifter) is this worth $1000 more? i'm saying no, i'd rather spend that corn on a guitar or something... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave

Comment

Hey Terrax what happen with the eclipse??, i'm insterested cause i have a gmayor and was thinking on doing the same thing [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] , go up to the eventide eclipse...

Comment

There's no "patch lag" on the G-Major that I've ever been able to detect. Another hearty "Yo" for it being the best unit for the money available - unless you're looking for intelligent pitch shifting, in which case you need the G-Force.

The G-Major is awesome for it's price - and considerably above it.

Mike
                    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

A guy I gigged with with not to long ago was using the G-Major.. no discernable lag,(that I could detect), decent readout and really nice sounds. Depending on how much money you want to spend on delay/sounds.. a used one is a great buy.

I liked the latest version of the Alesis Quadraverb for a flexible rack unit around 100.00 150.00 used. I think it has great reverbs, good delays, the leslie/tremelo and parametric are nice. Again, I haven't gigged with it and don't have hands on with it, but from guys I've seen using it, it sounds good.

Comment

Working...
                      X