Tell me you feelings????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me you feelings????

I was checking out the carvin heads.What is there best one for high gain?I was checking out the x100b.Is this the best one they make for meatl music?

Re: Tell me you feelings????

I have 2 x100B amps, and the Carvin MTS3200. The MTS is a better sounding amp for metal in my opinion. It has a more "current" heavy sound and has more variations too. In addition, it has a great clean channel which sounds killer with the reverb that comes with it. Either one is a great deal if you find them used. (well, the only way you'll find the X-amps is used) I only paid $249 for my MTS 3200 head. I thought that was a steal.
    Dana <~~~
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

I have the Carvin Legacy halfstack, and I will tell you this, it's most definatley not an all out metal amp, but with like an overdrive pedal or something to make it more distorted or heavy, then this baby can be a death metal monster. But that's not why I bought it.

I didn't expect if to be a shredder's amp when I played the first couple of chords on it, but then I soon found that I was very very wrong.

Comment

I've heard great things about the new SX300 amps. They're basically like a 3-channel Valvestate, but are supposed to sound like a tube amp.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, I'm not a big fan of them. But a guitarist in a local band called Abdullah here uses the Carvin x100 and a distortion pedal that I don't know what it is...

Here's what he sounds like, sorta doomy Trouble sounding stuff...

http://clevelandmetalzone.com/mp3/black_helicopters.mp3

Their site: www.stonerrock.com/abdullah

[ February 17, 2003, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

I prefer the Valvemaster overall.. the price is still reasonable. Switchable 100w, can run el43's or switch bias for other outputs. Two channel, 5 12ax7's. It's the series prior to the master tube.. personally I think they have more gain than a 100b.

"feelings.. nothing more than....feel-ings.. I wish I never left you gurl"

[ February 17, 2003, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
              X