Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You are not going to believe this, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are not going to believe this, but...

Take one of these:
    http://www.rumbleseatmusic.com/pix/o...distortion.jpg

turn the growl, drive, and bass up all the way, turn the treble to 3/4 and the middle about 1/4 (higher for less "scoop"), then pipe it through a 1966 Fender Princeton (that's right, a 37 year old, glassy tubular crystal clear tube Fender) with the bass on 10 and the treble at 7. Oh, yeah - use a Dimarzio Super Distortion PUP.

Shred-o-mania. My 13 year old's jaw dropped. Mine would have too, but I didn't want to infront of the young 'un.

[ February 16, 2003, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: EVHwannabe ]

Re: You are not going to believe this, but...

How is that Jackson Reverse headstock neck working out for you? I just ended up giving the body away about two weeks ago, couldn't get rid of it.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Rick,
      It will work out great - I haven't put it on my PS4 body yet - just haven't gotten around to it yet. Actually, I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it. The neck has the holes already drilled, but the body does not.

So I'm trying to figure out how to drill the holes in the body so they line up with the neck in exactly the right spots. Any ideas?

Comment

Not sure everyone would agree (I'd like to hear other solutions).

But, if I would be doing that, I would dowel/glue the current holes in the neck and redrill the holes all new with the body and neck clamped together alligned exactly how you want them.

Comment

You could make a template from the neck and then transfer it to the body.
          Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

you could lemon oil it.

Comment

Take a pencil rub the holes with it(im getting horney)and build up alot of graphite around them.Then place the neck in the pocket and hold it there for a min or 2.When you pull the neck off you should have graphite marks where the the holes on the neck are.I do this when I have to line up where the locks on a door go into the jam.Works every time.Hope this helps.paul

Comment

Interesting - I may try the graphite thing first to see how well it comes off - if I'm confident it will be aligned, I'll drill - If I'm not, I may dowel. THANKS

Comment

Working...
                X