Soldano appreciation...end of an era...Soldano players tell your story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldano appreciation...end of an era...Soldano players tell your story

With Mike retiring, let's hear of your Soldano experiences. I bought my SLO 100 in 2005, and it has been my "dream " amp and number one ever since. I recently acquired a hot rod 25, which is simply amazing. I also bought an Astroverb 16 combo last month. To me, these amps are all "keepers" and I've grown dependent on that pure, clear, 3D tone and amazing build quality.
    Last edited by lynchfan6; 10-16-2018, 05:56 AM.

Why is it an end of an era?

I had an SP-77 for a while. It had the "molten honey" sound or whatever they called it, very cool. My amp and speaker situation was a bit of a mess at the time and I sold it. Some days I wish I had it back. I demo'd an AstroVerb at a guitar show but didn't get along with it much.

Comment

Years ago when I made twice the salary, I was building my ultimate live rack. I got really into researching preamps to add to a new VHT Two Ninety Two. I considered a Soldano 77 or 88. I seem to recall the price difference was considerable. I took a leap of faith and got a Peavey Rockmaster and sent it to FJA Mods. Mine was one of his first RM's to be modded by Jerry Pinelli. I still own it, sitting in storage, paired with a MosValve MV-962.

More recently when I was shopping for a new live rig based on an amp head, the Soldano HR 25 had just came out. I also considered any used HR 50, which was always less $$ than a new HR 25. I had to take the budget route and buy a EVH 5150III.

Definitely end of an era for me. Since I changed professions in the last 7 years to teaching, I think the Soldano train has left my station for good

Comment

Working...
      X