randall cabs????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• randall cabs????

Hey all,I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and he is ranting and raving about these older randall cabs.He said that he either bought them with or he changed them to (I forgot which one he said)These old celeston speakers called 12m70.HE also described these cabs as having small casters,straight front with front loaded speakers,rear of cab is sealed except for the jack plate is removable.And they came stock with either jaguar speakers or celestons.Has anyone ever played through these or heard anything about them?Thanks for the help.paul

Re: randall cabs????

i have one the back is glued shut and liek only can remove the jack plate thing the speakers are loaded from the front like you said i bought it for 300 canadian used and like i dont mind it im sure there are way better cabs but to me this sounds thick and and has lots of low end sound

Comment

I was talking to a friend of mine and he was saying how he thinks these are the greatest cabs.Do you know what type of speakers you have in them?I have 2 mesa 4+12 cabs with the vin 30s in them.I love them.Does your randall cab have the small casters (wheels) on it?And the straight front?And the only removable part on the back is the jack plate?I might be interested if you are selling.Let me know either way.paul

Comment

Even if you are not selling them is there anyway you can post a picture of them so I know what im looking for?I know they dont make these cabs anymore.Thanks paul.

Comment

well it has a slant front and i have no idea the diffence in big and small caster honestly but to me they look like big heavy duty ones haha but its all black has a few tears in the tolex on the sides and back and the speakers are jaguar somthing thass all i know ill look tonite i have a band pratcice tonite and its out at my drummers so i can check. The handles on the side are big and the fold outwards not like on marshall cabs where they are sunk right in the side of the cab

and ill tarde you it for the mesa 4x12 haha [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] its worth a try lol

Comment

hey i think this is the picture

thats me with my jackson and amp i just took the randall logo off i have a peavey supreme 100 head i like it meh [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

For some reason I cant get the link to check it out.

Comment

You have to remove the IMG on both ends from the paste.

I'm not sure which year that cab is from, probably mid 80's as the 70's still had red accents from what I remember.

I've heard good things about these old cabs..esp from the 70's. I would assume they used birch ply and not particle board construction. I'm also not sure if they varied between celestion and eminence speakers.. I've seen them loaded with both.. it would probably depend on the model.
                One thing is sure, they are constructed to last.
                Same with old Ampeg 4x12 from the 70's.. very heavy, small castor..small port... good sounding cabs.

[ February 18, 2003, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

this thing weighs a ton to by the way lol

http://www.geocities.com/abolition_web/Pc290035.jpg

just go to that page copy and paste it

Comment

bump is that teh same cab your talkin about

Comment

Hey eleven,I cant get your site.Whenever I go to it it says it is down.

Comment

Working...
                      X