Dual Rectifier vs Trem O Verb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Rectifier vs Trem O Verb

I've been considering getting a Dual Rectifier lately and have been seeing some Trem O Verbs also. Can anyone with some experience on these tell me the difference? It appears by features alone, that the Trem O Verb is a Dual Rec. w/ added reverb and tremelo. Is this the case? Are they tonaly the same amps or is there more to it than that? Can you get straight high gain Dual Rec. sound from a Trem O Verb? I don't have anywhere close to try either of these amps, so I am considereing Ebay.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Dual Rectifier vs Trem O Verb

Hey hey. I had a Trem-o-verb a few years ago. Yes they sound the same as a dual recto. Just the verb and trem were added. I realy liked the clean sound of thes amps, but hated the gain channels. I sold it and went back to my MarkIII.
    LATER!!!
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

trem-o-verb is just a rectifier that has the ability to be run with a leslie cab. you know the washingmachine cabs with the rotating speaker.

but i have heard that because of the extra length of wire inside the trem-o-verb. that the tone sounds sweeter than the solo rectifier. haven't tested this myself, but wire length does make a tonal difference physically.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Uhm... you're kidding, right?

Pete

Comment

I currently have a Tremoverb, and previously owned a 3-channel Dual Rec Solo Head.

In my opinion, the Tremoverb is what I really wanted the Solo head to be. While the reverb is nice, and the tremolo I suppose has some applications, its the basic clean/vintage/modern core tones to which I'm referring.

I think there is a world of difference between the Tremo and a 3-channel Solo head. Maybe this is more similar to the differences people talk about comparing the 3 to 2 channel Solo head.

In any event, the Tremoverb is discontinued and while there is a Rectoverb head and combo, they don't have the tube rectification option, so they're more like a Single Rectifier.

The bottom line for me is that the Tremoverb's Modern gain mode is MUCH MUCH better than that of the 3-channel Solo head. There are similarities, but it is just sweeter, and is easily dialed in for a sustained lead-type tone. The Vintage modes are similar, and the clean on the Tremoverb might not be as "clean" as the Solo head, but it is beautiful nonetheless.

Good luck, this is just my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel:
            trem-o-verb is just a rectifier that has the ability to be run with a leslie cab. you know the washingmachine cabs with the rotating speaker.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Uh, the Tremoverb just has built in tremolo and reverb.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dreamland - are you, by any chance, John from Widow?

Mike
              Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
              X