ADA-MP1 Anyone still using this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADA-MP1 Anyone still using this ?

Any one still using these. I dug mine out the other day in my ever onward quest for more better tone. Trying to use it to warm up the sound a little more as I'm running through a Randall s.s. amp.Anyone have any favorite patches or settings they could share. All my old settings are for my strat. I'm looking to bring out the harmonics and sustain of my stock SL-2H any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, I am running a BBE sonic maximizer as well [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: ADA-MP1 Anyone still using this ?

I still use an ADA as my main pre-amp. I use most of the stock settings, because I change guitars so much that I wanted to leave one variable relatively constant. I DO take the master gain up a little bit on all my settings, but that is about it. I really like the MP-1 and even bought a back-up (though I've never needed to use it.)

Comment

Outlander - I sent you 2 zip files.

JOHN

Comment

It's still my main rig at the moment. I had a problem dialing a decent clean sound that still had good output in balance with the dirty settings.

I swapped out one 12ax7 for a 7025 and the other for a strong long plate Siemans. As far as I know..I modded about 15 of the settings for whatever use..but I usually only need 5-10 for the night.

Comment

Outlander - I sent you 2 zip files.

JOHN

Thank you John but I can't seem to open these up. Well that's not correct I get them down on a zip disk but when I open it up it's all encrypted or something,its all coded . Do I need a special program to view these. Thanks to all of you for your input. charlie

Comment

I have an MP-1 as my main preamp too. I use two Sovtek 5751 for tubes. I also use a Sonic Maximizer after the preamp and before the power amp. The FX loop in the MP-1 is not very good, that's why I don't run the BBE through it. As far as settings I have OD1, OD2, and Master Gain all at 7.0, Bass at 12, Mids at -10, and Treble at either 9 or 12, I can't remember which. Effects loop is off and chorus is off unless its a clean patch.

For the BBE I have one side set at 11pm and the other side at 12pm. Hope this helps.

Also check out this address for some cool patches. ADA MP-1

Comment

Working...
            X