No announcement yet.

Lexicon MPX200 or Rocktron Intellifex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexicon MPX200 or Rocktron Intellifex?

I have about 300.00 to spend on an efffects processor, and so far have only found the Lexicon MPX200 and Rocktron Intellifex as possibilities.

I want to place it in the effects loop of my tube amp, and really only need it for reverb, delay, chorus, and compression.

I know the Intellifex, doesn't have compression, otherwise that would be a no-brainer for me. The Lexicon has compression, but you can only use two effects plus compression at a time.

Does anyone have any comments on either of these processors?

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Re: Lexicon MPX200 or Rocktron Intellifex?

Hey Cleveland Metal:

Thanks for the comments on the Intellifex. Are you using that in an ffects loop, or plugging your guitar directly in?

Comment

I guess you'd consider it in "the loop" sorta. I run the path as follows:

CAE3+se preamp>Rocktron Pro Q>Intellifex> VHT2150 power amp.

Never tried it directly into the front of an amp.
      I'm pretty sure it would. Some amps don't like to see a rackmount effect output coming in, even though you can adjust the levels quite well on an Intellifex. personally, I'm thinking it would probably work fine though.

You might actually get a little crunch from beling able to hit the front end so hard with a strong output like that.

Comment

I'm looking for something for an effects loop, so I'm glad to hear the Intellifex will work for that. I have a tube amp, so I want my effects post-distortion.

Thanks for the good feedback.

- E.

Comment

The loop would be what exactly it was designed to go in, so you'd be stylin.

I think the TC has an EQ in too... Worth a look see maybe.

Comment

My intellifex has a switch so you can use it at instrument level or line level. Sounds better to me in between the preamp and my power amp (line level) but works fine at instrument level and can be easily tweaked with the input and output levels.

Comment

I do enjoy my Intellifex On-Line. Works perfectly and I've never had a problem with it.
              For the money, it's a good piece I feel and i use mine every day.

TC Electronic G-Major is cooler I'm told and maybe close to that price range used. But, hard to find used it seems, I've been looking...

Comment

I have a Lexicon MPX G2, which I LOVE tremendously. Damian (our other guitarist) has a G-Major, which he likes. I like it, too. Nice unit. Although it lacks some of the FX of the G2.

I think it's almost six of one, half-dozen of another for the most part. You really just need to try stuff out and see how it works for ya.

I can tell you what I like about my G2 and how I have it set up... in case you're curious... might help you in some way or another to figure out a few things here and there.

The G2 has pretty much all FX, distortion, chorus, reverb, delays, pitch shifting, panning, randomizing, trem, vol, wah, flange, etc., a few more than the G-Major. Also, the G2 allows for stereo output, mono output or FRONT/BACK OF AMP output, which is what I use. This means that you set up one signal to go to the pre-amp input of the amp (i.e., the guitar input jack) where FX such as Wah and Gain are routed. The other signal is sent to the FX loop where FX such as delays, choruses, reverbs, etc. (basically post-distortion/post-gain path) are sent.

The ability to do this separation is quite helpful in obtaining nice clean FX on either clean or dirty channels. Another cool thing about the G2 is the Noise Gate. An invaluable thing to have when you play live with a hot rig with FX.

The G2 has a nice big footboard (the R1) that has a built-in relay switcher that I've set up to change all three of my amp channels. So when I change to a different program, say distorted rhythm, my footboard changes the G2 program AND my Marshall channel. That is one feature I really dig!! This way I can actually use my amp's clean, crunch and lead channels and set them up on the amp as far as EQ, level, etc. And it only takes one step of a footswitch button to change everything, rather than stomping my Marshall footswitch then changing patches.

The G-Major has relay switching built-in as well, which works GREAT with Damian's Dual-Recto since it has the jacks in the back of the head for that. But to control the G-Major you have to get either the little footswitch they have for it or a midi foot controller. Damian has a Behringer one that works really well.

Anyway, hope this helped a bit. Good luck in your quest for the perfect sound!

Annah
                My ZONE

Comment

Working...
                X