Help with Wireless Systems ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Wireless Systems ...

Well, I've finally gotten fed up with getting myself and others in my band tangled up in my guitar cord and I'm looking to go wireless. Any recommendations out there? Nady, Shure, Samson? Which models and price range?

Thanks for the help ...

www.wheelhouseband.com

Re: Help with Wireless Systems ...

I have a Shure LX Wireless that works VERY well, is well made and I liked a lot until I found that my CAE3+se preamp doesn't seem to like it as much as I did, haha... It was around $600 when I bought it...

Some other JCF guys like "Rick" have really been happy with a Sennheiser digital unit that is REALLY nicely priced. I am considering trying one as it has better frequency response than mine does.

Maybe they'll chime in and share.

Comment

i have a Nady platinum that I used to gig with all the time... didn't really affect my tone much, nothing noticeable to other people atleast. It actually made my tone better imo, cut some of the noise. Anyway, it works good, quick response etc. But most other Nady stuff suck...

Shure is probably the best way to go in terms of Wireless systems...

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I'm hoping to find something that's rackmountable and not a tone sucker [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] .

Comment

One Word-Sennheiser

They have a digital wireless that is just plain awesome. I got it from American Music Supply for 300.00, and they let you make 3 payments on it.

It is rack mountable, but it's a half space unit, so you would need to get the other peice to mouunt it in a full rack space.

Anyhow, this thing is just crystal clear and I have noticed absolutly NO tone sucking, If anything I had to rol back the high end a bit cause it just came through so clear.

It's a sturdy unit also, the transmitter is Metal and not plastic. It has 4 selectable channels and it opereates above 900MHz.

For the price of this system, I beg you [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] please do not buy a VHF system! I think you would be very happy with it. One other cool thing about the receiver is that it has no antenaes to pull out and get in the way. Any questions and you can E-mail me if you wish.

[email protected]
          Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

yeah.. don't buy a VHF system... go for UHF [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I have the same Sennheiser system as Rick. I wholeheartedly recommend this unit, and concur with everything Rick said. It does eat batteries for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but one 9v should easily get you through a show. I get about 6 hours, non-continuous play time from a high quality Duracell. I also picked up a 1/8-1/4 cord from Carvin as a backup. It is a perfect match/upgrade. It is a little bit higher quality than the Sennheiser cord and it can be shortened to meet your needs. I would act quickly, for $300, I'm sure that AMS will soon or already has sold out!

Comment

Looks like I'll be going with the Sennheiser 1092GTR. They do have them at American Musical Supply for $300.

Thanks again ...

www.wheelhouseband.com

Comment

I like the Samson UHF wireless systems. I have one for my guitar and one for my vocals, and never had a problem with performance or sound of either. They don't cost much more than the Shures, but you get way more bang for the buck!
                  Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

All the wireless manufacturers have both low end and high end wirless stuff. You kinda get what you pay for. If you get a $75 cordless unit, don't be disappointed that it doesn't perform as well as the $300 ones.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                    X