Boss MD-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss MD-2

ok so i bought one of these mega distortion pedals the other day. its got a level, tone, bottom, distortion and gain knob on it. It turns on and everything and when i adjust the knobs it does nothing to my sound besides add alot of feedback to it. Im playing through a peavy transtube series amp. Anyone know what the problem is?

Re: Boss MD-2

I was helping my brother find a new distortion pedal last weekend, and among others, he tried the MD-2. After messing around with the knobs for several minutes, we determined that they really didn't do much of anything.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Boss MD-2

I've tried one of them out before as well.

You ARE using it on the clean channel, right?

If you're using it as a "booster" on your dirty channel, you're going to get a lot of noise.

If you use it on the clean channel, there shouldn't be as much noise, although I find that single distortion pedals are rather muddy and noisy.

Try a noise gate (that means you might have to think about shelling out more cash), or return it and buy an equalizer pedal instead if you're not really looking for more distortion. EQ is, in my opinion, the handiest tool around to sculpt some cool tones out from a moderate amount of distortion.

Comment

Working...
      X