X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2 watt tube amp I built sound clips

Ok... here's the page with new clips:

http://members.cox.net/musicfiles/gerhart.html

And here's one after I modded it per Gary's specs to get a more Plexi tone... I also added a touch of reverb after the fact and a little BBE.

http://members.cox.net/musicfiles/modfullvol2.mp3

Please note - my SM57 appears to be dying or something is vibrating on the cap - there is some buzz on loud noises that aren't in the original sounds.

Pete Van Halen [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: 1/2 watt tube amp I built sound clips

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Very nice Pete. Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy listening to your clips and once again I am humbled not only by your playing ability, but by your knowledge of amplifier theory and technology, both internal and tonally. Very cool indeed..... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Pete... i'm thinking about buying the kit. I don't really need another amp to be honest, but the idea of putting it together myself and being able to tweak it would be a great learning experience [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The only thing I thought would give me trouble i putting together the circuit board (turret board?), but that already comes assembled... i'm sure I can handle the rest without a problem. Anyways, I'll let ya know... having a bunch of people coming up for spring break, could be on tight on cash once again [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] But i'm sure sometime in the future I'll buy one.

Comment

extremely interesting! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
        when cranked-up at maximum volume, does it sound loud? if it doesn't I could consider it as a perfect recording amp (right now I'm in the sansamp territory for that...)

BYE!

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

It was loud, believe it or not. I think Gary (owner/king of Gerhart amps) is going to offer a 'hot plate' option in later kits... he's a really nice guy who knows his stuff.

Pete

Comment

Very cool there PVH! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
            Awesome brown sound.

Comment

Working...
            X