weird buzz out of cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird buzz out of cab

When I palm mute a string and play through my genz benz 2x12 cab i get this weird like buzz when I hit the string. Its really annoying. Sounds like something is buzzing out of one of the speakers. It buzzes only when I hit a string so Im thinking something is screwed up with one of the speakers. Could it be something in the cab rattling when I hit the string or is it a messed up speaker?

Re: weird buzz out of cab

Most likely a cab rattle.

Comment

should I take the girll off and have a look? Or start with the back of the cab?

Comment

yeah, have someone hold their hand on the speaker cone, and then do it and see if it still does it. kinda hard to track that stuff down sometimes. could also have a small tear in the paper on the speaker.

dave

Comment

jackson16 (hey bro!) does your cab have handles, like Marshall cabs? Where the handle can rotate? Both my 4x12 Marshall cabs did make a lot of noise and it's was coming from the loose handles. Just an idea.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Man I hope the speaker isnt screwed up cuz right now I owe money to some folks. Ill get on it this weekend and see if I can find out whats up. Man I love this board.

Comment

Working...
            X