Black/Death Metal Distortion Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black/Death Metal Distortion Pedal

I'm looking for a distortion pedal that might give me the sounds like Cannibal Corpse, Cradle of Filth, Old Mans Child, Morbid Angel etc... If anyone has a combo amp suggestion not more than 700$ that would be appreciated to, so any input on a distortion pedal, or combo amp would be helpful.
    thanx

Re: Black/Death Metal Distortion Pedal

All those bands have different sounds, and different gear, but if all you want is a pedal for death metal, the BOSS Metal Zone is the only one worth considering. If you want an amp, for $700 you can probably get a decent used rig if you know where to look. I got a 120 watt Crate Red Voodoo for $300, and I made my 4x12 myself from parts I found lying around. Not the most professional looking setup, but it works.

Comment

700 bucks? Couldn't you buy a used 5150 halfstack for that much?

Comment

Korg 104DS... What a Metal Zone would sound like if it sounded good...

It is VERY cool... If not the coolest metal distortion peal in existance, haha... Look at the Harmony Central reviews...

Comment

Please do not buy a DOD Death Metal distortion pedal. You will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
            Please do not buy a DOD Death Metal distortion pedal. You will regret it.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] oh yes you will regret it and you will smack yourself 30 times over and over again wondering what in the world made you buy that piece of CRAP

Comment

I just found a decent combonation that seems to work well. It's a combonation of 4 things. Try a CRATE GFX series amp like a GFX65, hook up a Behrenger 4X12 cab, any 7 band EQ pedal and a BOSS Metal Zone pedal. Get ready to tweak knobs and slides. I just added the above to my CRATE GX65 and BOSS Metal Zone. The EQ added alot and the 4X12 cab helped out with the bottom end alot. I can almost get any sound I want. Less the 4X12 cab you can get the amp, Metal Zone and DOD EQ pedal for less than $700. As a matter of fact, Hammer Smashed Face was one of the first songs I played after I hooked up my rig as the settings were kinda close to Cannibal Corpse. Check out a Musicians Friend catalog. They have Randall, CRATE, H&K Warp 7 and Marshall stuff around what you want to spend. I don't think just a combo amp will do the trick. Go with a pedal. The only distortion pedal thats good enough IMHO is the BOSS Metal Zone pedal.

Comment

Working...
              X