Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats a good stand alone rack reverb unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats a good stand alone rack reverb unit?

Looking to pick up a reverb unit for my rack- Any suggestions? I was thinking a Yamaha Rev 7 or maybe (money permitting) a Lexicon- What's a good Lexicon reverb? I just want reverb, no multi effects- Neddi
    www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Re: Whats a good stand alone rack reverb unit?

the best one and only id get would be the lexicon pcm 80/81 or 90/91

i used to run the pcm 80 and there isnt a reverb that can touch it.....but, you really dont need reverb

Comment

A real hidden gem is the Ibanez SDR-1000 and SDR-1000+. They were Sony made high end reverb (and straight delay) units made about a decade ago. They're in a totally different class than any of the other Ibanez rack effects units (that I'm aware of). I just set mine up on the plate reverb and leave it there. They probably aren't the right choice if you want to switch presets mid-song (they have drop outs), but if you just switch it in/out with the GCX they work great. I have access to a PCM91 and it's a killer unit for studio work, but I'd hate to tie up that kind of $$$ for a guitar reverb unit and IMO it doesn't sound any better live for guitar reverb than the SDR-1000. (The PCM91 is much quieter so is the only way to go for recording.)

I'm starting to agree with Doug about not needing reverb for guitar though. I just can't find a delay unit that I really like...and can afford.

Ross

Comment

Ross-

Even though my Lexicon MPX100 is a multi-effects unit, you can swing by and check it out if you like - it's got a lot of nice verbs. The only "stand alone" delay I've used and LIKED was the Danelectro Dan Echo - it has such a nice sound compared to the Boss DD-3 I had at the time. Give me a holler if you want though. I've got my Sansamp PSA-1 hooked up to the Lexi.

Later!
        Chris

Comment

Chris,

It is about time for us to get together again. I think we've both completely overhauled our rigs since the last time. I'm really thinking of something that can do modulation delays (just not necessarily everything else: reverb, filtering, EQ, etc.) and would prefer to run it in the loop.

Ross

Comment

Originally posted by Foolius Maximus:
            Looking to pick up a reverb unit for my rack- Any suggestions? I was thinking a Yamaha Rev 7 or maybe (money permitting) a Lexicon- What's a good Lexicon reverb? I just want reverb, no multi effects- Neddi
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have a BRAND NEW condition Lexicon LXP-15 on Ebay right now.
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...513597767&rd=1

John

Comment

If you want to try the analog route you might look at the tube-driven Peavey Valverb... I had one and it was a pretty sweet sounding (if inflexible) unit... 1 space rack mount reverb and tremolo, but if you want to change settings you have to walk up to your rack and twiddle the knobs... still, it did sound great....

Comment

I use a lexicon pcm 60. It is an older unit and can be had for half the price of the 70 or 80
                and the reverbs sound warmer since thts all it does is reverb.

Comment

I'd go with the Lexicon PCM 91 or TC Electronics System 4000.... assuming you have $2k to drop on verb.
                  ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Working...
                  X