• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall

Anybody here own/tried an AVT150?What do
    you think about them.....?

Re: Marshall

I tried an AVT 150. Its not a bad amp. The acoustic simulator on that thing works pretty good the distortion's pretty good also. I didnt spend much time on it, I tried the AVT 50 combo and almost bought that.

If its the solidstate/tube vibe in an amp that you want with a Marshall tone and if money's not a factor wait for the new Mode Four to come out and try 1 of them.

If you want a bunch of different options try a TSL 100 or 122. I tried the TSL 602 and the two gain channels sounded exactly alike to me.

Or if you just want a nice Marshall try a DSL 401, 50 or 100. They're all nice I've tried all but the 201. I had a Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 100 half stack, Marshall JMP 1 rack system, and now Im with my favorite the JCM 2000 DSL 401, 40w combo, which has enough power to run a 4x12 and has a master volume, sep eq's for clean and OD, and 3 footswitchable channels. Those are why I chose it over the DSL 50w head.

I dunno if I answered your qt but just gave you a bunch of options to think about in a new Marshall.

Comment

im actually borrowing my friend's AVT150 head until i buy my own head. i'll give the complete rundown- the gain chanel 1 is that "marshall" sond, like AC/DC type sound. the gain chanel 2 is more of a rectified sound, and it sound surprisingly good for being a valvestate amp. it "almost" sounds tube. the acoustic simulator is great- i use it for all of my clean tones. the clean chanel is very crunchy, andeven at low gain settings it has that chunky bluesy sound. in my opinion, its a good amp worth the money. its got tons of built in effects too.

Comment

I have an AVT150 half stack and I love it! Everything everyone has said is true. The acoustic channel sounds really good as well as the clean. The overdrive one is good to achieve the "80's" sound and overdrive 2 is awsome for new style rock and metal. YOu can play with the digital effects for hours.

Comment

The AVT's are pretty good , you can get a pretty wide range of usable tones from them......... it depends what you're after though, for the price of one of the more expensive ones you could get yourself a decent valve combo. They do capture that 'Marhsally' sound reasonably well though. I wasn't particularly blown away by any of the on-board effects either, but maybe that's just me being picky, I've always liked my amps to be simple and used stompers for effects. The Acoustic simulator wasn't bad actually, I was kind of expecting it to be a bit sterile but it soudned pretty decent for the cleaner stuff. All in all, not bad for the price. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X