Ok, fast way to get amp movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, fast way to get amp movies

I downloaded a lot of em, and I don't have a lot of bandwidth... so I'm going to upload a few every day. I'm starting with the two of the amp I bought... LOL, I bought THIS amp! What do you guys think? Sounds great to me... and the guy playing who owned the amp at the time, Lance, is a total badass. Enjoy...

First clip is Lance burning through the first three channels of the egnater:

www.members.cox.net/ampclips/egnatertol100.wmv

This clip is the 4th channel. Lance tells me this wasn't in the highest gain mode, nor was it full overdrive... I think I'm going to enjoy this thing!

www.members.cox.net/ampclips/egnater100ch4.wmv

[ March 07, 2003, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: OklaStrat ]

Re: Ok, fast way to get amp movies

Sounds cool, for sure. You are gonna have some fun wit dat. Has a real in your face sound. Enjoy. We Expect an in-depth update after you play around for a while.

I am unfamiliar with them and any info will be appreciated. Is it an EL34 amp? 4 channels with what kind of controls? Seperate eq for each channel?

[ March 07, 2003, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: LRGman ]

Comment

Yeah, I hadn't heard much of em, and then Ross Stites bought one and was telling me about it. He had one previously and sold it - and ended up buying another one. Ross knows his stuff, so the fact that he bought another one kinda piqued my interest. Plus, for what you get, they are a friggin' bargain - four channels, midi control, reverb, fx loop, toroidal transformer, etc...

here's some decent info:

http://www.rocktron.com/egnater/tol100.html

Pete

Comment

Wow! Seems like a lot of amp. Midi capable and all, looks like a good gigging amp. Plug in an rip. Got reverb too. It's wierd but the only reverb I really like is spring in an amp. Just seems more natural. Enjoy!

Comment

download media player 7.1 if you have windows 98. I did, it works with all formats.

Comment

Yeah I liked the TOL 4 ch and the Powerball the best so far. The Egnater sounds nice too but I dont think it was dialed in too good.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

bump

Comment

What's he big thing with WMVs???

Bah, I use media player 6, and it won't playem...

Can't people just use MPGs or MOVs?

Comment

I liked the powerball the best of all so far, damn now I'm lookin' at amps again!

Comment

Powerball sounded to me like a huge metalzone pedal... very solidstatish. The Diezel was a letdown too, imho. I'll post the Diezel clip tonight and take the Egnaters down.

Pete

Comment

I really wish they would have taken some clips of my amps that I sent down to AF2. That way I could at least compare em with my stuff and the same chain.

Comment

Originally posted by OklaStrat:
                        Powerball sounded to me like a huge metalzone pedal... very solidstatish. The Diezel was a letdown too, imho. I'll post the Diezel clip tonight and take the Egnaters down.

Pete
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for bringin me back down from the clouds, I guess thats why I wont buy an amp anymore unless I can hear it in person. I am going to listen to the clip again and see if it sounds any different.

Comment

Well, different strokes for different folks... I just thought it sounded really cartoony and like a crate practice amp scooped out. Hard to tell from clips... the Diezel was a huge letdown, personally.

Actually, it was kinda cool - my wallet felt more secure than it has in a looonnnng time after seeing/hearing some of these magical mystery amps.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by OklaStrat:
                            Well, different strokes for different folks... I just thought it sounded really cartoony and like a crate practice amp scooped out. Hard to tell from clips... the Diezel was a huge letdown, personally.

Actually, it was kinda cool - my wallet felt more secure than it has in a looonnnng time after seeing/hearing some of these magical mystery amps.

Pete
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yea, I definately wasn't impressed with the Diezel or the VHT valvulator thingie.

Comment

Working...
                            X