Best Thrash Distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Thrash Distortion

WHat distortion pedal do you think gives off the best thrash sound/tone/vibe? I'll be playing through a 100W Marshall half-stack, not sure what kind I'm gonna get right now for an amp setup, pretty much as cheap as will get me buy. Anyway so basically I just mean in general, not I can get an awesome tone after putting it through a bunch of ****, I just mean straight into an amp what do you think is the best for thrash, and possibly some black metal.

Re: Best Thrash Distortion

Thrash and Black metal are two very different tones really...

An Ibanez Tube Screamer or Boss OD-1 through a Marshal 800 is THE sound of Bay Area Thrash...

A korg 104DS through just about anything would be a prretty darn good black metal sound...

Comment

Thrash is the most important element, anyone else?

Comment

Nope that's pretty much it.... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

ABoss Metal Zone works cool for Black / Death
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You will find 'pleasure' in the metal zone. I use it in my Black Metal project because of it's thin sound. With some patience you can get a [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] thrashtone too. (I even get Vai's "For the Love of God" tone out of this thing).

You should get an OD or an EQ to thicken up the sound, even if it's not nescesarry.

Remember that you get what you pay for.

[ March 08, 2003, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: KE ]
          I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I think I'm either gonna get an OD-1 or an MT-2

Comment

Working...
            X