Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

amp ? Bogner, vht, soldano? which would you buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: amp ? Bogner, vht, soldano? which would you buy?

Yeah , you just really have to try them or at least hear them to help make up your mind. They are all great amps . I checked out all the MP3 sound clips that I could on basically those three amps. I was pretty impressed with Thingman's Uberschall clips on the old board. The style of music on those clips was the closest syle/sound that appealed to me...
    ...then I immediately got a good line up on one and bought it [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

For my personal style of playing and music, and what I expect to hear out of an amp, my SLO is still the best gear purchase I've ever made.

I've yet to be able to check out the VHTs, unfortunately.

I did play the Uberschall, the Ecstacy, and the SLO on the same day back to back through the same cabs using one of my guitars. The Uberschall was EXTREMELY brutal, but as impressive as it was, it wasn't me. The SLO rocked my world, and the only thing I didn't like about the Ecstacy was it couldn't nail the SLO sound. I loved the flexability, though.

Even tonight at rehearsel I crunched a few chords before we dove in and strated giggling. Thats how happy I am with the SLO.

I got right over my phase of wanting to off it for something more flexable when I calmed down and realized that even though the JFX in the loop does affect the sound to a small extent, I still have a better sound than probably any other gigging guitarist in Phoenix.

Comment

chuck, my wife and I are planning on being at the phoenecian (sp?) for a week the first week of May. let's hook up. I'd like to see your band play if you are/

Comment

hey charvel pointy head,
          Go with the Überschall, if you tried it and liked it, wait until you get a chance to crank it up in a rehersal type atmosphere. The louder you turn it up, the more you will appreciate your purchase [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweet! I don't know how to spell that either, but yeah, we'll probably be playing somewhere.

If you wait till then to make your amp purchase, I can take you to the same shop I was at to check the Uber against the SLO and Ecstacy.

Comment

chuck, looking forward to phoenix then. Just to update everyone who might be interested in my GAS/GFS (gear flake syndrome), brought the ubershall home tonight. OMFG, awesome!!! this is the ultimate full bore marshall tone I've ever heard. I loved it when I layed it away a month ago, but man, this thing absolutely rules. I tried it out first time w/ an Anderson H2+ and fell in love, then I brought one of my stratheads in w/ an emg 81 and wasn't too sure. I'm putting an H2+ in that guitar as we speak. Bogners's definietly have that Marshally bite to them. Here's something interesting though. I ran my 57 strat reissue thru the clean channel. Now this guitar normally has fairly noisy p/ups, but w/ the Uber, just music, very little to no noise. wow what a deal. It is tough to balance the 2 channels, but it can be done. I'm satisfied w/ my tone I think. clark out for now. p.s. Maybe because I'm a late 80's thrash style player, ala Testament, I get more of that sort of tone rather than the so-called "nu-metal" whatever that means. I love it, high on life, have to give the wife some blow money now (or as I like to say, Keep silent money) clark out

Comment

Good deal. Did you buy at Mass St. Music? I love the Anderson pickups too. You may want to give their higher output pickups a try too. I really like the H-3 and H-3+. The H-3+ may overdrive the clean a bit, but the H-3 won't. I've recently installed H-3s in several of my guitars.

Ross

Comment

yeah, got her at mass street music. just tested the h2+ . amazing tone, so much that I can't really say anything else. I may have cured my gear flake syndrome. I have my tone. Wow!!!

Comment

Charvel Pointy Head, what do you think about the cleans on the Uber?, just asking because every one raves about the gain and not much said about the clean channel. I was reading reviews on it at harmony central somepeople said it was a 1 channel amp, and bought it for the gain. Others siad both channels were awesome, just hard to balance channel volume. The clean clips on the bogner site sure sound nice, but is that guitar > cord > uber or guitar > cord > rackeffects > uber? If I want to buy an amp in the near future, I don't want a one channel amp, I'd probably go with the XTC or SLO as chuck said.

Comment

The uber clean ch. is very very nice. Warm and lotsa character. Just hard to balance.

Comment

Given the type of amps you are checking out, do yourself the favor of at least checking out the Engl Savage 120. I sold one a while back for $1000 and am still kicking myself in the ass over that. They shred.

Comment

Working...
                        X