Pop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop!

Whenever I turn off my amp, it makes a loud 'popping' noise. Is this bad? It's a Marshall VS100.

Re: Pop!

Well...I can't help you...but my amp does that too. If I turn the standby on or off, it pops, and I don't usually ever turn the power off without first turning the standby...um, on? I guess turning the standby on would mean that the amp's on standby, so yeah, I turn the standby on before I turn it off. I don't know if the pop is bad...I don't think so, it hasn't seemed to hurt my amp at all. Could it just be the sudden power flow to and through the tubes being cut off that makes the pop? I'm in dark on this one too. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Cheers,
    Nick

Comment

The VS100 has a single preamp tube.

The pop is still there if I turn the volume down on all channels. It seems to happen more frequently when it is on OD2 rather than Clean.

Comment

But I believe the VS100 in not a tube head, so it wouldn't have a standby. I've had a couple solid state amps that "popped" when you turn them off. Try turning the volume down before you turn it off maybe?

Comment

Working...
        X