Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microphonics help amp tone?

Hi everyone,
    I have a question for you regarding my triaxis. I've noticed that when microphonics are "present" in my amp system...that my tone is fuller, thicker, warmer, and overall more kick ass. Then...sometimes suddenly, the microphonics disappear, and I'm left with a tone that when I stop playing, and keep my picking hand on the strings, there is no feeback, however the tone is lacking. So I raise the gain more...I find that I can still raise the gain without the microphonics, but that tone...that rich, slammin' tone isn't there anymore, so I don't know if you guys had any opinions on what this might mean...or what I could do. I like a tone that fills in the gaps...not my playing mistakes, I like a clear tone, just one that's full. Some Uber clips I've heard...Megadeth's Rude Awakening, and Countdown...um...probably even something like Rhoads's tone...mines just not as Marshallish...but all those tones have those rich, full-bodied powerful tones...and when my microphonics go away...I don't have that tone anymore, so I'm a bit upset. It's like...the fault of my amp, the microphonics, are what make it better. So what do I do? Any suggestions, or ideas...I suppose one would be "get a Uber! You can have that tone without the feedback!"...but I'm in no financial position to buy an amp...unless of course I sold all my stuff...but I like the Mesa. Ideas?

Thanks,
    Nick
Working...
X