50 to 100 watts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 to 100 watts....

...I need something in that range. Preferably with built in effects and a nice distortion.
    I have a Marshall 50dfx or whatever they are and...oh man...what a let down...the clean is only alrite...the distortion is crap. the only thing i really like on it is the effects.
    Any suggestions?

Re: 50 to 100 watts....

Are you looking for a Combo? Half Stack? Full Stack?

Comment

Ozzman how much are you looking to spend? Check out the Hughes and Kettner Zenamp. Not the Zentera which is its much more expensive brother. The Zenamp comes in a combo or head and can be had for around $800. Great effects and lots of great amp tones too.

Comment

That might be a bit too steep for me.
        But I'll try to find one.

Comment

One other combo to try is the Laney Tube Fusion stuff. I'm sure they have a combo with the effects built in. It has a pre amp tube like the Valve State, but nicer sounding IMO. It has a mid scoop switch too.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Might wanna try a Line 6 Flextone XL 212 (first version, not the 2 or 3) or a Rocktron Replitone 212. They can both be had on eBay for $500 or less. I got my Line 6 on a trade for a guitar, and I got the Rocktron for $400. Both nice amps with plenty o' features and priced about where you'd want. If you didn't like the Marshall, don't bother with any Crate stuff either.

Comment

A combo I guess. I'm a student without a job and I just need it for my room and jamming with people now and again.

Comment

The avt's have effects but its still soild state and marshall is only good if its tube power , you might have to dump the effects to get a good distortion. Marshall made a few jcm 800 combos , you can still find them on ebay all the time , if i were you i would go with that.

Comment

I don't want tube. I don't want Marshall.
                  Does that narrow it down?

Comment

Then i would try either the Peavey trans-tube ( not tube ) or the Randall rh100 or rh200 . There both combos and if you look up the reviews on harmony central , they have incredible reviews. I have a randall cyclone head and its brutal distortion and a nice clean.

Comment

sorry i mean rg100 or rg200

[ March 12, 2003, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: ColdVayne ]

Comment

if your looking for a non-tube combo then try the Peavey Transtube series. I think that there pretty nice.

Comment

Transtube! You know I play an SLO, and my transtube Bandit 1x12 kicks butt!
                          I honestly could gig with it if I had to.

Comment

I haven't played through a transtube but the line6 stuff is certainly passable. I second Chris's vote on the original Flextone, used.

I will also say that if Chuck says the transtube is good, I'd take his word on it.

Comment

Aww...schucks... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X