50 to 100 watts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 50 to 100 watts....

I have one of the Peavey Transtube series amps. Got it used, pretty good sounding. Do you really need that much power?

DRH

[ March 13, 2003, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: DRH ]

Comment

Yea, I jam alot with people who have that or more...and we CRANK it lol...but I may be going for a half stack now anyway (see other post), if I don't get the used one I was talking about then I might just keep saving and tough it out with the amp I have now till I can buy a new half stack.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
        One other combo to try is the Laney Tube Fusion stuff. I'm sure they have a combo with the effects built in. It has a pre amp tube like the Valve State, but nicer sounding IMO. It has a mid scoop switch too.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe it's called the TFX. The TFX300 is the 120w combo, the TFX400 is the head. They also have a TF500M, which has some kind of MIDI dealio built in.

I have a 120W TF300 combo. You can also find it (as the TF320) as a 2x12 combo. It has bright & mid-boost switches for the clean (non-tube) channel. The two drive channels have individual "enhance" knobs, which allow you to variably scoop the mids, so it's not just ON & OFF, you can gradually tighten up your sound as you like it.
        The drive channels are basically the same, so you can either set up Drive 2 as a simple solo boost, or scoop the mids on the 1st so that the 2nd acts as a mid-boost, or just set one for a mild growl and the other for full-on grind. Reverb can be set differently for your clean & drive channels. PLUS, there's the groovy "vibe" switch, which apparently drives the preamp tube a bit harder, so you don't have to crank it thru the roof to get a decent sounding overdrive. I like it.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzman:
          I don't want tube. I don't want Marshall.
          Does that narrow it down?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Its cool you dont want a Marshall, but what do you have against tubes?

Comment

Well I did think they were super complicated and stuff...but now that I've gone and read up on it I guess its just like Floyd Roses...everyone makes them seem way harder then they really are.

Comment

Working...
            X