Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exactly is the point of a Mode 4 Full Stack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly is the point of a Mode 4 Full Stack...

...thats a 350 watt head and two 400 watt cabs...I dunno if its just me but isn't 1150 watts a little overkill?

Re: What exactly is the point of a Mode 4 Full Stack...

I dont know bro, if you were playing a big a** stadium, nothing is overkill. Have you played through one yet? I have not although there is one at Sam Ash right now here in Vegas. I am not so sure I want to. I have heard when it is tweeked right, it sounds pretty awsome though.

Comment

Its a four channel Valvestate gussied up to look like a recto and sell to the (sorry) "Nu-metal" kids for a really stupid price.

Watch 'em sell boatloads of the things. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

It's 350 watts at 4 ohms. (two 4 ohm cabs)
        The speaker cabs are desinged with specail edition versions of the Vintage 30's made for the Mode 4 and are slightly taller to help deliver the bigger bottom end. *Insert Spinal tap refferance here*. The head puts out about 2oo watts at 8 ohms. still goofy loud. The cabs are four hundred watts to be able to handle the 350 watts of the head at full volume and still handle the volume with out blowing. The cabinets dont add power to the head they just transfer it so it can be heard. It is really really loud. We crancked on eup to about 6 on the dial and it was frikking loud. I had a head ache afterwards.
        We compaired it to a JCM 800 reissue and it was damn loud in comparison. Although the 800 sounded better the Mode four Kept up with it and eventually got louder and still sounded like it had plenty of head room to shatter the windows down the street. They are a over powered version of the AVT amps with out the effects.
        Gil

Comment

I'm with Chuck... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Also, wouldn't 2-4 ohm cabs be a 2 ohm load?

Pat

Comment

It depends how they're hooked up.

Comment

Oh...that makes much more sense what Jacksonfreak said...just goes to show how little I know about amplification [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

those who cant afford em will lust after em

those who can afford em, wouldnt touch them

former category being nu-metal jerks

latter category, "real" amp owners like 4 input nmv`s , jmp, jcm800 ,and the like...........

Comment

Yeah, I got to try one out, it's got on all right sound to it but I think the JCM 800 blows it away. I have to agree with Chuck racer, its for the 'Nu' metal- not saying anything bad- nut hey as long as its loud they'll by it

Comment

As you guys know Im a big Marshall guy, having had 3 Marshalls now, I saw two M4 full stacks set up, and well I was pretty dissapointed. Cosmetically it didnt even shout out "play me" Marshall's rep was in the store, a guy who I had talked to before on a previous occasion and he's a nice guy, he was going to demo the amp but unfortunately I had to leave so I missed his demo. I talked to the guy who just sold me my JCM 2000 and he said the new Marshalls sound completely solid state, so with that I just left the store. Maybe next time I go I'll plug in.

Comment

Working...
                    X