Good chorus pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good chorus pedal?

I'd like to get a chorus pedal sometime, without spending a ton of money. I like the chorusy cleans of Andy Summers and Robert Smith, and I like it to sound nice and smooth with distortion. What would you recommend?

Re: Good chorus pedal?

Very few chorus pedals sound good running into the front of an amp with distortion. My favorite, inexpensive, chorus pedals have been the Pearl Chorus (Pete has my old one) and the far more common Ibanez CS-9 (same series as the fabled Tube Screamer). Both are nice older analog chorus pedals than can be bought for under $100 off ebay or HC.

Ross

Comment

I had a CS9 before I bought Ross' Pearl - the Pearl chorus is much nicer sounding, imho. Both are good.

Pete

Comment

If I get one, I am most likely gonna use it in the effects loop. I will check out the Ibanez and the Pearl, and I have also been wondering about Boss ones...I tried the Chorus Ensemble years ago and remember being really pleased with it, but I was a dumb kid back then.

Comment

I have an early 80's Boss Ce 2 that has the thickest chorus Ive heard. Simple two knob operation and works great in front or in the loop.
          When used with distortion it reminds me of the Randy Rhoads live sound a lot. Also they were built pretty tuff. Mine is scratched and missing knobs and looks beat up but sound wise is better than most units of today costing three times more.
          A great investment if you can locate one.

Ric

Comment

I've owned several 9 series Ibanez pedals and never had a problem with them, but I've read enough about it that I believe they really do have switch issues. Analogman will sell you a new switch when/if they wear out.

Comment

Boxcar:

I have a Boss CE-3 chorus pedal for sale, if you are interested. You have email.

- Eric
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Ross and Pete, did the Ibanez have problems with the footswitch? I've been reading some reviews and lots of people seem to have issues with the footswitches on them.

Comment

Working...
                X