Need a good tube pre-amp!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a good tube pre-amp!!!!!!!!

Let me just say that you guys rule overhere!

It's been awhile since i posted a qustion or remark here, but the time has come to seek for your help again masters.
    :-)

I am purchasing a new pre-amp, and still am not decided what to buy.

My configuration is: Gibson es 335 - into (which pre-amp?) - and then into mesa 50/50 - into 1960B marshall cab(2xvintage 70W & 2xgreenbacks 25W-customized).

Recently i was using L6's pod pro, but i'm tired of that digi sound. I want a real thing, tube sound & power.

But there is ofcourse a catch, financial one.
    I did had my eyes on mesa's triaxis, but that is all i had, if u know what i mean...

I am looking something in the price range of 500$tops. And must be tube preamp!
    I was thinking of something like mesa's stuido preamp or even ADA MP-1?
    But need your suggestions!
    What to do, what would you buy, had a preamp that would soothe my configs.

I am not looking for a new age metal sound(bizkit, korn) but more hard rock, Placebo, Manson,...

thanx guys

Re: Need a good tube pre-amp!!!!!!!!

Considering the price range stated, I'd look to the ENGL 2 and 3 channel preamps. They usually stay in the 300-500 range, and the 500 ones are usually midi...

True tube, and sound great...

Honestly, save a while and buy a CAE3+se and umm, be saved.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Need a good tube pre-amp!!!!!!!!

I've played one Engl preamp, years ago, and it was pretty impressive. I don't know the model. It was three channel (shared EQ on crunch and lead) and all tube.

My top recommendations are ones I've owned: Soldano SP-77 or Kasha Rockmod II. Both are all tube and both have excellent tone.

Ross

Comment

Working...
      X