Soldano/Champ Atomic 6 part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldano/Champ Atomic 6 part II

Ok, so I was going to take some of the screechiness out of the amp. Went to duncanamps.com, and used his tone stack calculator.

Basically, a tone stack is the network of parts that make up your tone controls. It can be as simple as a single tone control that works like the one on your guitar (just cuts treble) or several different bands. The most common is the treble/bass/mid setup of fender and Marshall. So, I put in the values that were on the schematic after matching up the tone stack with the fender one. It looked like hell.. was kinda like a big ol' ramp, with the top way in the treble frequencies and the bass severly cut.

guess what? whoever drew up the schematic MEANT to use a marshall tone stack and used a fender. The main difference is how the mid control is wired. So... I wired it up correctly, and holy cow, ALL my complaints with the tone were gone. The thing sounds like a rodded marshall now. If it wasn't midnight when I figured this out, I'd be posting clips. I am freakin' estatic over how it sounds now - it's very full, and the mid control will scoop it to some degree. it sounds fifty times better than the trebly screechy cut. I was wondering if the schematic was flawed - yep, it was. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Clips to come in a day or two... it sounds really good.

Pete
Working...
X