which wah wah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which wah wah?

i currently have a jim dunlop wah wah,its the cheapest one they sell,i cant afford the more expensive ones as of this moment.the one i have at the moment does not give me alot of range,what i want to know is,what wah wah pedal would be best for under £150?
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: which wah wah?

The Dunlop 535Q is a good regular wah to give you a lot more range and variability than the standard one. I used one for a few years, upgraded from the original.

I just replaced the 535Q in my setup, though, with a Boss PW-10. It's a "modeling wah", which models a few different wah units from various manufacturers, as well as some special-made wah effects. It also has distortion/overdrive pedal models built into the unit as well, and also includes a straight-boost. It also has on-board noise reduction, that helps keep the distortion and wah boosting from getting so nasty. Being digital, it's not QUITE as natural sounding as a regular wah, but I think it gets pretty close, and considering all the features it has on it, for about $140, I think it's a great unit.

Comment

ok,that sounds cool,il have to look it up,thanks
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I have not heard one before, but i hear that the VOX wahs are very good sounding... is this true? anyone have one or have heard one?

Comment

I just picked up the Morley Mark Tremonit POWER WAH and it is amazing! If you look hard you can find one on ebay for $130 or so.

Comment

the vox reissue wah seemed to be pretty good as well. some of them in ebay actually are sold with a true bypass modification with them. the mods basically doesn't suck up the true tone that comes out. most wah-wah filters the sound when plugged in. the mods bypaass that. i like it alot!

Comment

I use a Bad Horsie and I love it. I want to try the Morley in the post above.

Comment

The Boss PW-10 modeling wah I mentioned has a Vox wah model on it. It's actually my all-around favorite for general use. It's probably the least extreme one of all, giving a nice smooth wah sound without large humps or jumps in the wah level. The Dunlop Crybaby model on it seems relatively pretty close to what the Dunlops sound like, and the Morley wah is very strong and extreme. It's also got some other interesting wah type effects, including a bass-specific affecting wah, a boss-created extreme kind of wah, a pseudo-harmonizing type wah, a vocal type wah, and a uni-vibe (vibrato) type effect.

Comment

Working...
                X