Behringer V-AMP® 2? Thru a 5150 Head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer V-AMP® 2? Thru a 5150 Head?

I've been running my 5150 Head w/ my Boss Ge-7 Eq for awhile. I'm looking for a change in the solo department. I went to a local Gc and saw a Behringer V-amp there. They didn't have one setup but I've heard good things about it. My question is how does the Behringer V-AMP® 2 Run thru a 5150. I remember When I tried to run a Digitech Multi effect floorboard thru its fx loop, it ended up sounding like ass. Im look for this Behringer V-AMP® 2 to be fx ONLY! Not really looking for anything but that.

thx in advance

Re: Behringer V-AMP® 2? Thru a 5150 Head?

I would look elsewhere if you are only looking for a multi-effects unit for you amp. The V-Amp2 is great as a direct recording device, especially for the price, but I don't think its effects section is good enough to use through an amp. I'm not sure what good effects-only units are out there, now, since I only do direct recording anymore--I don't even own an amp.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion:
      I would look elsewhere if you are only looking for a multi-effects unit for you amp. The V-Amp2 is great as a direct recording device, especially for the price, but I don't think its effects section is good enough to use through an amp. I'm not sure what good effects-only units are out there, now, since I only do direct recording anymore--I don't even own an amp.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll second that. Don't try to use the V-amp in the loop of something like a 5150 - I HIGHLY doubt you'll get any likable results.

Comment

Thx for the replies guys. What do u guys recommend for my fx loop then? Would a rack system be a good step foward?

Comment

Well, if you want to get into a heavy effects sound, you are probably better off with a rack system, but be prepared to cough up some serious money in comparison to a 5150.

The problem with a guitar amp's fx loop is that most effects (chorus, delay, flanger) are in stereo, and your guitar amp is not, so you won't get a very good sound out of them. With a rack setup, you use a stereo power amp running into either dual cabinets (1 per stereo channel) or a 2x12/4x12 cab that contains both stereo channels.

Another alternative is to use the 5150's fx send, but route your effects unit's outputs into a separate audio chain--a hi-fidelity stereo preamp/amp setup with different cabinets. Or for live use, you could patch the effects unit's outputs directly into the mixing board. I imagine there are a lot of folks here who have more experience in this area than I do and can give you better, more specific ideas. I think most people who play lots of gigs route the effects outputs right into the board.

Comment

Working...
          X