Line 6 POD or other ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 POD or other ...

I want to begin home recording and know nothing about it, Is the pod a good device for direct recording or are their better inexpensive ones out there?

Kevin
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Re: Line 6 POD or other ...

I checked out the Pod but I found the DigiTech Geniesis 3 was better so I bought it and use it in my Home Studio and I love it. Check them both out with a set of good headphones and you will see what I mean.

Later BB

Comment

I like the Pod XT myself.

Pete

Comment

I have both the POD and the POD XT. I like the XT better of course, however you could probably find a great deal on a POD on the bay.

Comment

Thanks for the info...

Do you go stright into your modeler and then to your sound card?

Whats a good ebay price for the pod, xt and and the digitech?

Kevin

Comment

You might also want to check out the Behringer Vamp2. You can get this for about $139.00 new.

I have one and use it for direct recording and a headphone practice unit. Don't know how it compares to a pod though.

DRH

Comment

PODxt costs more than the other modelers, but it is worth it, in my opinion. Best recorded guitar sound I've ever gotten. Plus, it is a lot more programmable.

Comment

By the way, those are prices for *new* units. The eBay prices will be less, though I recall PODxt prices on eBay not being much less than a new one. The easiest way to get an idea of what the prevailing eBay price is to check the "completed auctions" section on those units for what recent ones have gone for.

Comment

I used a V-Amp2 before I got my PODxt. In my opinion, the V-Amp2 sounds much better than the regular POD 2.0, but not nearly as good as the PODxt. Of course, the prices are substantially different. The V-Amp2 is about $120-130 depending on where you get it, whereas the PODxt will set you back about $400. For me, it's worth it, but it might not be for everyone. Also, you really need to spend some time on all of these modelers at the store through a decent pair of headphones before making up your mind. They all sound a lot different, and obviously what sounds good to me might not to you.

As far as recording, one advantage of the PODxt is that it has a USB output that you can use to record digitally right into the computer bypassing the soundcard. You can also use the PODxt as a soundcard itself through the USB port. The V-Amp2 has only analog outputs that would have to be plugged into a soundcard's analog input.

I have a standalone Akai DPS-12 as my recording device, and so I use the analog outputs of my PODxt and get great results.

Comment

Thanks

I am on the bay...

Comment

Ive been doing lotsa research into this field. I currently own a SANSAMP PSA-1. IT does a great job. Check out

http://www.guitar.com/artists/sounds...ngOfWinter.mp3

Thats the PSA-1 in action. However, thats with a little bit of Eq'ing and editing.

Im driving to the city to A/B it against the PODxt. Most people will give u 50/50 answres as to which is better, but everyone seems to like the Sansamp for higher gain stuff. However, others have said the POD needs to be tuned to suit your style and tweaked a lot. I managed to annoy the hell out of various people on various forums asking baout every modeller out there!

Oklastrat posted this one clip that I thought sounded really good

http://members.cox.net/vhpete/FenderDeluxe.mp3

THats throught the PODxt.

IF your like me and live far away from a major center to demo products, then youd be safe with a PODxt or a Sansamp. But if you live in the city, for sure go and try various units out!

Comment

I have a PODxt and love it. I get great clean tones and have never gotten a better distorted tone when recording.

Comment

I have a v-amp 2.0 i heard the pod a lot to

but i like the v-amp 2 more

Comment

we did our entire demo with the pod 2.0 for guitars. if you want to hear it go to www.buring-village.com
                            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Angel Sin ROCKS!

Awesome guitar leads! Sounds Maiden ish with a lot more aggression!

Darn good music! I suggest everyone go have a listen!

Comment

Working...
                              X