THD Hot Plate Attenuator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THD Hot Plate Attenuator

Anyone have any experience with these? Good sounding? Does the frequency compensation thing work and sound good? I heard someone say it is a bit thin/trebly when attenuation is below 12 o'clock.

I'm thinking putting some attenuator on my 9100 Marshall power amp in the search of good sound while at low volume levels.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Re: THD Hot Plate Attenuator

I use them and like them. Yeah, when going for extreme amounts of attenuation it can get thin, but thats what the treble and bass boost switches are for, as well as EQ. It isn't transparent, none of them are, but used sparingly its great.

Comment

Thanks Chuckracer, i just found out it has got a line output also. Is that output useable/good for recording or is it thin and fuzzy like the majority of speaker sim outputs?

Are you actually using the Hot Plate live on gigs (in smaller clubs) ?

It's a passive unit, right? I mean, it doesn't need an external power adapter or mains to work...
      Henrik

Comment

Jackson1,

I just recently purchased a 16 ohm Hotplate to use with my purple Marshall SLP-100's and I must say it is Fantastic. Awesome tone!

I never tried the line out for direct recording though. If you find that it sounds thin and like a chainsaw [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] I have a red box for sale for fifty bucks! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

red box?
          Henrik

Comment

Yeah a Red Box. They work great! It's the the balls if you don't want to use a microphone.

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...;f=10;t=000869

John

Comment

Working...
            X