Loudness sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Loudness sound

MZA (or rather M.Z.A.) was once explained in an interview - IIRC, it was three Japanese words that was like a rallying cry/audience participation thing they did - kinda like Queen's "We Will Rock You" or something.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've got a couple other cds that Akira played on - the band was called "Sly", and I think the original singer from "Loudness" sang on it. It's more modern, but REALLY smokes. I've also got the "Masters of Loudness" double cd - it's got a bunch of stuff, and has some of the songs with a few of the other singers they've had. Good stuff.

I'd love to get his red/chrome signature guitar, but I think that headstock, well, blows...

Comment

Originally posted by chris_olson:
        I'd love to get his red/chrome signature guitar, but I think that headstock, well, blows...
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I kinda like that headstock myself. Its basically a copy of a Danelectro headstock. Eddie Van Halen had a black and white star guitar with the same headstock back in the early 80's.

Comment

Here's some pics of my Akira guitar. Made by Edwards (ESP) in Japan. Alder body, one piece maple neck, non-recessed OFR, ESP pickups that sound quite nice actually.

Comment

Sweet!... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

i was listening to lightning strikes yesterday and was saying to myself how much his sound then sounded like early VH tone, almost like he copied it, some great playing on that album too.

dave

Comment

i **** you not, it was as tall as him, and had led vu meters that would go up the entire length of the rack, was wicked as hell.

dave

Comment

Here is a pic I found of Akira's rack from back in the day...

http://www.ada-mp1.com/gallery/rigs/...a-takasaki.htm

Comment

Boxcar, thanks, that is VERY interesting!... I knew I could almost hear the mp-1 on his sound... it is very "dry"... I dont know how to describe it but its cool. Thanks for that link.

Comment

That's a cool Akira rig pic. What it doesn't show is the two Marshall heads that he is running the ADA through.

Comment

At one point, besides the Metaltronix and the Rocktron stuff, he was using Marshalls modded by either Harry Kolbe in NYC or Jose Arredondo (sp??)

Comment

Working...
                        X