Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loudness sound

guys,

I am listening to "soldier of fortune" and I am going crazy for Akira Takasaki's sound!... I am wondering what he used to record the solo on that song. He is got this tapping part, in which the guitar is just clean sound but there is no way I can get my effect processor to any ot that stuff.... any help???... I know there are some loudness fans around here...

Re: Loudness sound

Haven't heard that one - I got "Thunder in the East" on vinyl (worship me!) but no turntable, and I haven't listened to it in years [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Anyway, for studio recording tones it's always safe to assume they're using some really expensive processors, and a really high-end compressor.
    Don't know about the unit you have, but I get good results with an Alesis 3630 Compressor.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

All I can say is that if you can play that solo, you are good! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

I don't have anything past the first three albums, and some greatest hits stuff... He used Metaltronix amps and hot-rodded Marshall Plexis, but other than that, NO idea...

Man, you come up with some good ones - first Vito and now Loudness! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] I sure do miss obscure bands coming out with killer stuff the way they did...Rock On Roudness!

Comment

hey also used Rocktron Gear
          like the Pro GAP

Comment

Akira used mainly ADA stuff from 85/86 through about 89. I have a picture of his guitar rig from either 86 or 87 and its loaded with basically all ADA and a few Rocktron pieces. The MP-1 preamp will get you close to his sound. Although Akira's MP-1's were modded by Todd Langner. (sp?)

Comment

i saw them live, it was TNT, Loudness, and stryper (to hell with the devil tour) and he had a rack as tall as him, and 4 or 5 mark III boogie stacks.

Dave

Comment

well, then the rack wasnt that big.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

myu love for loudness comes from the fact that... well, simply think about it, it is a japanese hair band from the 80's with a guitarrist as talented as any of the american bands... what can be better than that?...

also the guy sounds geat... almost no effects, just plain great pre-amp sound. I think my ear tends to like anything with the MP-1 sound to it even before knowing it is an MP-1 (which is a good test)

Comment

Cool to hear from some Loudness fans. IMO they hit their stride around "Lightning Strikes". I vaguely remember a video from them that showed the making of Akira's guitars. (Song = Let It Go?)

Comment

Originally posted by Swillmaster:
                      Cool to hear from some Loudness fans. IMO they hit their stride around "Lightning Strikes". I vaguely remember a video from them that showed the making of Akira's guitars. (Song = Let It Go?)
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are correct, Let It Go does show them making his guitars.

Comment

You guys should check out X-Japan, then. I've got their "Blue Blood" cassette (want the CD). My brother sent it to me from Japan when he was in the NAVY in 1990/91. These guys shred ass all over the place - compare X-Japan and Loudness to Iron Maiden (X) and Twisted Sister (Loudness).

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigo_echeverri:
                          X-japan... [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

They show the making of the guitars because Takasaki owns the company himself.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Somehow I don't think Akira owns ESP [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] That's the guitar they show them building in the video, an ESP Randomstar. He does play Killer Guitars now also, and I believe he is part owner in that. ESP still is the parent company for Killer guitars and distributes them if I am not mistaken.

Comment

Japanesse people are weird dudes....When the dude in X-Japan offed himself, some of the fans followed suit, and they didnt even get any stinkin' koolaid. I prefer Loudness over X-Japan though, especially the early stuff like Disillution..............Anyone know what da fruk MZA means?.............

Comment

X-japan... [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

They show the making of the guitars because Takasaki owns the company himself.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X