Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need an Amp

Hi guys,

I was thinking of getting myself an amp. preferably a tube amp somewhere between USD300 to 600. i was thinking of a 50watt jcm900 or jcm800 head. any recommendations? what about the peavey 5150? anyone got any comments on them? the crate bluevoodoo isn't a bad deal for the price but i heard they are more of a "metal" amp. any clue or suggestions? thanks alot guys for helping out. thanks!!

Re: Need an Amp

Well, what kind of sound are you looking for? Combo? or head?(got a cab? If so what kind?) What other gear do you have(guitars, effects, etc.)?

Nek

[ March 27, 2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Nek ]

Comment

i have a few electrics, one soloist pro, one charvel fusion, rhoads and a few others. effect wise, i use a GT6, DS1, MT2 and crybaby wah. currently, i'm using a marshall valvestate 30 watt. i haven't really get a cab yet but i'm planning for a 4x12 cab once after i get a tube amp. i'm looking into a head. really love the warm fat tone with a an overall good sustain. something similar to satriani, nuno, EVH and andy timmons tone. thanks for the reply!!

Comment

Well, it really depends on what sytle your going to be playing through the head. The JCM800's are VERY VERY nice, they have a nice amount of gain, and good control over the tone. I wanted one until i checked into the 5150's. On eBay, The 5150's seem to go around $500 for a decent one, and the JCM800's go for about $700 for a decent one. What i liked more about the 5150 is that it can overdrive itself, without the use of a overdrive pedal. If your looking for a brown sound/RacerX tone, then i would recomend the 5150. But if your looking to play all styles, then i would go with the JCM800 if i were you. I say this because the 5150 cant handle the clean, or bluesy like the JCM can. Don't get me wrong, the 5150 CAN do the clean or bluesy stuff, But i'm my opinion the 5150 cant do those styles like the JCM can.

Comment

Working...
        X