I Need Your Help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Your Help...

OK.......im in a heavy metal band....i play rythm guitar and some lead...i play a rr custom shop through a laney 1x12 driving a 4x12 cab......it doesnt get loud enough and i need to know what amp to buy (a half stack)..that has alot of crunch and gain......and if you have one let me know...
    thanks guys...
    [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: I Need Your Help...

I would go for a 5150 Halfstack, if I were in your position. Great for heavy metal, death metal, or any kind of metal you could possibly want to play. Keep the gain on 6, and you're good to go.

The prices are great on them used. Check around E Bay.

Comment

not really a peavy fan but if i ever get a chance i'll play threw one....right now im thinking of a randall warhead here in my town for $499.00..
      or this marshall jcm 900 for the same price..

but im open to everything...

thanx word

Comment

Personally I would stay away from the warhead, one of the worst amps I've ever tried.. but I've heard a lot of them were defected so maybe I stumbled on one of those.. but the one I tried was really disappointing, very muddy and no definition..

For around $500, I'd go for a 5150.. Marshalls are good too, but not that heavy.. I think mines 'ok', but it really doesn't handle brutal rhythms too well at all, the lead is pretty good though.

Comment

Randall RH-100. Cost about $300.

Comment

5150 will be one of the best choice for the price.

Comment

If you're not to worried about a clean channel. (switching isnt that great but the toen makes up for it) Try the Laney GL50H Its all tube and has enough gain to make a munk shreek in fear. Great bottom end and realy good deffinition. And with out the ectra gian boost it deos the Warren D tone really well [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              We got at work and they sound great.
              Gil

Comment

well to tell the truth MEGADETH is one of my favorite bands and they sound the way i want to sound ..and they use marshall [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ...man i really dont know...........does anyone have a half stack for sale that sounds like that???

thanx for all the help guys..

Comment

I'm pretty sure that dave used a 5150 for the song "trust"...so thats a little sample of the 5150 from Megadeth. I know that Marty has a endorsement with Crate for there Blue Voodoo heads. I tryed a blue voodoo last week, and i would say it sounded good...It had alot of gain and i had pretty good control over the EQ. One thing that the Blue Voodoo needed was a EQ pedal to make it JUST RIGHT. But all an all it sounded good on its own. I think that you should try going to a music store that has a wide selection, and play on the heads in your price range and compare. Thats the only way i found what was just right for me.

Comment

Actually I can get pretty good Megadeth tones through my marshall.. their rhythms are more technical rather than just heavy, so you don't use that much gain anyway, and the lead tone isn't exactly megadeth (its gonna be hard to replicate with any amp lol) but I can get it fairly close.. probably be best if you just went and tried them out [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ March 29, 2003, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Lev ]

Comment

Working...
                    X