Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabinet course

Guys, how are you?

I need your help again. I have ended up with a Rocktron Voodu Valve and a Mesa 50/50. I need a cabinet for my rack now but I am just learning about rack gear.

I know I asked this question before but it wasnt in a specific thread. Can everybody please give me their preference in cabinets and speakers? So far I have in my list:

1) Mesa Black Shadows
    2) Celestion 75W
    3) Celestion Vintage 30s

For cabinets I would prefer a 2x12 due to size limitations.

-----

If anyone has any of these for sale, please e-mail me at: [email protected]

Also If anyone sees a good one on e-bay, please let me know.

P.S. There is one limitation I have on the cab. I dont think I can buy something too big because I need to take it on the plane with me (I wont put ship it through any courrier). American Airlines gives the following restrictions: Up to 62 linear inches (sum of all dimensions and up to 70 pounds. I know thats not much. I could pay some overweight if I really loved the thing...

[ March 31, 2003, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Re: Cabinet course

I wish you didn`t say "too big", because I just got a Madison 2x12 cabinet and it is huge, closed back,metal grill,short turf like carpeting,52 LBS.,but sound amazing for the price, I cannot beleive the quality and sound that comes out of these puppies, it will not be my last Madison, and their own speakers they use are simply amazing, think Vintage 30`s for sound. they use 3/4 Poplar wood in construction and comes with casters and caster slots on top for you 2x12 combo amp with casters to sit in. I reccommend checking them out,they are underpriced for the quality and sound coming out of these things!! They also make a 4x12, I can only imagine what that thing sounds like [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] If anyone wants to see what it looks like underneath my 1993 VHT Pittbull CLX-100 Combo, let me know and I will email you a picture!! And if you could post it here, I would appreciate it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Jack.

[ March 30, 2003, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

Slayer, is that thing stereo or only mono?

Comment

Well, too late... I got one now... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Behold my new madison

Comment

Congrats Rodrigo!! It is a shame he took out the Madison Speakers, they are killer!! Anyway, the cab is 8 ohm Mono and I am not sure about the Stereo Ohms, and it has a Line Out slot too!! I have the Black Cone Speakers in mine, I didn`t want the Green. In the US, they are about $235 New. Ask the guy selling it to you, that you want the Madison Speakers also if he still has them, they are about like the Celestion V-30`s. Let us know how you like it [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

i'd go with the madison

but i would have gotten a mesa vertical 2x12 recto cab to begin with.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Dreamland.. I could have got the vertical mesa recto but it is mono!... on a second thought I guess I could have re-wired.. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] You are right

Comment

Dude, take the Madison`s they are killer sounding amazing sound. I think you will be very happy with the Madison, I really don`t think the Mesa cabinet is much better and I have played thru them. These Madison cabinets are amazing quality and at a great price!! I beleive the Stereo side is 4 or 16 ohms,I would email Madison. Jack.

Comment

Carvin VE212 cabinet. Those British 12's are great. Very clear sound for both clean and distorted tones.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
                    It is a shame he took out the Madison Speakers, they are killer!!... Ask the guy selling it to you, that you want the Madison Speakers also if he still has them, they are about like the Celestion V-30`s.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually the guys has the Madison speakers and asked me to choose... what should I say?...

Comment

Vintage 30
                      In my opinion!

I first heard them at my friends house.
                      He uses them in the 1922 cabs. 2 of them. (mono)
                      Not so great for metal sounding but excellent for anything that you play in stereo mode.

He uses mesa 50/50 A TC and a Triaxis.

Sound?

Overwhelming.
                      I played thru mesa's cab, liked it, but am interested in those madison cabs you talk so much about!

Comment

Working...
                      X